CHAPTER 17

"What kind of sick twisted game is this Alexander?" Rose asked,once she regained her senses and turned back towards him.

"Not a game Rose. I would love to have my way with you, but this matter is not to be played around with, and I take it very seriously. Our parents have bound us together through an agreement that was formulated back in their living days.
It says that you are to be married to me once you attain the right age that may seem to be fit by you. And our children will get the properties owned by the Hunter and Hart family. It's a way to keep the bond between our families alive." He finished with a wicked smirk formulating plans inside his head. He wanted her. Wanted his Rose. He would show her what she meant to him. He had done mistakes back then, but now he would do his level best to rectify it. He wouldn't loose her, not again.

Rose took time to understand each word that came out of his mouth. She couldn't belive her parents did this to her. If she was the same Rose back when she was small, she would have jumped with joy and happiness of getting married to her life long love. But now, she dint like it even a bit.

"Your lying."she whispered looking into his eyes.

Alexander sighed and turned back making his way towards his desk. He opened his drawer and removed a white envelope. He made his way towards her and extended his hand towards her for taking the letter.

Rose stood there without moving an inch but and was just eyeing the envelop in his hand.

"Take it Rose. Read it when you go home."he said eyeing her.

She took it from him and looked at the dreadful piece of folded paper .

She sighed and closed her eyes in defeat.

"Read it, and tell me what you think. I would be looking forward for your answer. I am ready to act upon the will." He said and took a step closer to her. Rose abruptly took a step backwards and looked at him with terrified expression. He smiled and winked at her making her eyes widened and she gulped down the knot in her throat.

"And yes, stay away from Brian. If I see him lay a finger on you, you would see him get hurt real bad." He said as he walked near her once again. But this time she dint move back as she was shocked that he knew about Brian.
He came closer towards her, bent slightly and whispered into her ears . .
"Because, no one lays a finger on what belongs to me."

He stayed in that position for a few minutes feeling her body stiffen and inhaled her calm and beautiful scent as he closed his eyes to gain pleasure out of this moment.

Rose stood rooted to the ground and her breath hitched when he inhaled deeply. Her eyes went wide and tears threatened to burst out from her eyes due to the memories that seemed to rush back. Every time she looked into those eyes, it reminded her about her Alex. Her childhood sweetheart. The boy who made her life and the man who spoilt all her chances for love.
She closed her eyes and fisted her hands at the side taking deep breaths to calm her racing heart.

Alexander straightened himself and had a smirk plastered on his face when he saw her flustered face.

She opened her eyes and saw him smirk down at her. She turned away her face and gritted her teeth with anger at his behaviour.
He did not have any right over her and she would not let him have it.

"You don't have a say in my life Alexander . Stay away from me. And more importantly, you don't have a say in whether I should be close to Brian or not. He's an amazing guy and he was th---"

Before she could complete the sentence Alexander pulled her arm and crashed her into his chest. He held her waist in a strong grip and looked down at her with a wicked glint in his eyes.