06

I woke up to the rumbling of a truck,and I sat up,clutching my head. I tried remembering what happened,but only pain was my response. I laid back on whatever I was laying on,when I heard Paisley crying.

    "What's wrong?" I asked,suddenly worried.

    "Th-the man! Th-the woman! They're back!" She sobbed quietly clutching her backpack tighter.

    "Wai-wait what?!" I screamed sitting up,and glancing around. We were in a large truck,that usually carried horses except this time it was carrying us. Straw was littered here and there,and I saw Nicole curled up in a corner,snoring.

     "Where are they?" I asked knowing the answer already.

     "They're driving this big trailer,I don't know where we're going though!" She cried cringing from a sunlight beam.

    "Wait,Paisley give me your bag! My phone is in there!" I cried crawling over to her. I kept racking my brain to see how we had gotten here when Paisley tossed her bag to me.

      "Thanks." I mumbled pulling out the device.

    It made a shrill beep and I froze,before glancing at the screen. There was 23% left and I let out a breath of relief before pulling up my moms number. The cell service was bad,and the ringing cut off before my mothers worried voice picked up.

   "Summ-where ar-you?" She asked her voice cutting off.

    "Mom,I don't know! They kidnapped us again! I don't know what to do! Help us please!" I sobbed hoping she got the message.

    "Hon-I can-stand-you."

    "I'll text you!" I screamed before hanging up and pulling the messages up. I texted what I had just said to her and hit send.

     The message turned from to delivered to read.

     She didn't reply and five minutes later she sent a small message. The police know.

     They were to late though.
                     ~~~~ 

     Throughout the day and night,I dozed off and on,when the trailer finally rolled to a stop,and later voices interrupted me from sleep. My stomach growled and my throat was dry from thirst.

"Throw it back there."

     "It'll get dirty. They probably have to use the bathroom." Someone said back. That voice. It sounded like...Max. The memories slammed into my head,giving me a headache as the memories of last night rushed into my head. Max had drugged us. He lied to me. Anger grew in the pit of my stomach,and I waited for them to open the back so I could spring out and claw his face off.

    "Fine. Take them to that one over there. Don't be suspicious about it. Oh,and give them this food." Someone hissed before getting into the car and starting it.

      The back of the trailer opened and I pretended to be asleep,when someone climbed in and stepped on my back.

     "I know you're awake Summer." Max chuckled yanking me up. My arm popped and I let out a struggled breath before he yelled at Paisley and Nicole to hurry up. I watched as he set down three McDonald's bags and took us inside. He let go of my arm and pointed to the bathroom.

     "You've got five minutes. I'll be in there if you aren't out." He growled before leaning against a wall.

     I ushered Paisley inside,Nicole turning green quickly following and running into a stall immediately. I blocked out the sounds of her gags,and turned to Paisley.

    "Are you ok?" I asked getting to her level.

     "I want mommy." She whined,her eyes drooping.

    "Hey it's ok. Look we have McDonald's in the trailer and then we can go to sleep." I said as she ran into a stall,Nicole coming out and wiping her face.

    "Summ-"

   "Don't even start! You got drunk and you promised my you wouldn't! You are underage Nicole,what were you thinking?!" I screamed stepping closer to her.

     "I-I'm sorry!" She cried tears spilling down her face. I ignored her when I spotted a window and ran to it. Locked.

     It looked like you needed a key and I slid to the floor in anger. What have we gotten ourselves into now?
                    ~~~

I munched on the warm fries slowly,trying to think over Paisley's song,and Nicole's sniffles. I was still mad at her,no matter what. She had promised and she broke it. Paisley pulled a small toy out of her bag and smiled,and I watched as she opened the plastic and brought out a small stuffed animal bear,hearts all over it.

I sighed before grabbing the nuggets that sat on the bottom and ate them,saving some of them for later. The truck lurched forward,and I held the bottom of the trailer for support. I got to my feet and slowly walked over to the side and peered out of the crack that let in little moon light.

Cars surrounded us and I tried fitting my hand out,but the only wide slots were higher than I could reach,and I certainly couldn't climb to them.

Snores could be heard and I turned around to see Nicole and Paisley already asleep. I staggered over to Paisley's backpack,and pulled out my phone,glancing at the percent. There was only 10% left,and multiple messages from my mom lit up the screen. I hit the call button and waited for her to pick up,desperate to hear her voice again.

"Summer! Where are you?" She asked. Her voice was raw,and she sounded like she had been crying for the past five hours.

"Mom I don't know. We're in the back of some trailer." I replied sitting down,swiping the hay away from me. We were being treated like animals.

"Are you all ok?" She asked sounding more worried.

"No. I mean we're in the back of some trailer,being treated like animals,and I want to come home." I whispered tears threatening to spill down my face.

"Honey the cops are coming. You'll be able to come home,I promise honey. I lo-"

She didn't get to finish what she was saying,because my phone was on 0%. No more battery.

No more escape.
------

       Thank you all so much for 80+ reads already!! That means the world to me,and I appreciate you all reading this book. :)

     Remember this is the sequel,so if you're a little confused,the first book is The Perfect Daughter.

      I have published another book,The Last of Us,so if you wanna go read that go ahead!!

      Next chapter will be up as soon as possible! I hope you enjoyed this chapter,and until next time,have a wonderful rest of your day!

;)

--Xxstars_moonxX--