Part Two

Copyright (C) 2012 Jenna Elizabeth Johnson

All Rights Reserved

Fire and Ice is posted for your reading enjoyment only and not to be reposted anywhere else. Thank you and happy reading!

This story can also be found in the Tales of Oescienne Short Story Collection at:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Oescienne-Short-Story-Collection-ebook/dp/B007O4PIKW/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1454285224&sr=8-17&keywords=jenna+elizabeth+johnson

PRONUNCIATION GUIDE

Ahseína - AH-say-nuh

Dathian - DA-thee-en

Denaeh - di-NAY-uh

Ellysian - uh-LISS-ee-an

Ethöes - ETH-oh-es

Eydeth - AY-deth

Faerra - FARE-uh

Gieaun - JOON

Gracelle - Gra-SELL

Hroombramantu -HROOM-bruh-mon-too

Jahrra - JAIR-uh

Kihna - KEE-nuh

Lidien - LI-dee-en

Pahrdh - PARD

Prenne - PREN

Raejaaxorix - RAY-jax-or-ix

Rennor - REN-or

Rhudedth - ROO-dedth

Sapheramin - SA-fare-uh-min

Scede - SADE

Shiroxx - SHEE-rox

Tollorias - toe-LORE-ee-us

Yddian - ID-ee-an

Part Two

Jaax sat in his usual position in the front of Essyel Auditorium and listened to a concerned Coalition member drone on and on about how he had never received the proper recognition for some miniscule deed he'd performed.

This cause is not about you! the dragon so desperately wanted to hiss. He clenched his teeth, making his jaw ache, and flexed his fingers. It had been over a month since he'd returned from Ahseína and his broken finger was still a little stiff, but finally healed. It was the scale that healer Faerra had told him would eventually come off that bothered him the most. It pinched his skin between the others, and burned like a raw cut. It feels like your endless, pointless complaints, he mused, eyeing the man seeking fame and acknowledgment.

Jaax had been restless ever since his return from Ahseína. His dreams of the burning girl transforming into Jahrra had lessened, but they hadn't gone away completely. It wasn't until a week ago that he realized a trip to Oescienne might be a good idea. Besides, he told himself, it's been at least three years since you last paid your old mentor and his ward a visit; it's about time you returned. And then he could tell Hroombra, in person, about what had happened in the south of Yddian, about the malicious power of Morli fire.

In actuality, the more Jaax thought about flying south for a day or two, the more he liked the idea. Soon you'll be needed to join the others on the far side of the Elornn Mountains, Jaax mused, thinking of his never ending duty of keeping Oescienne's borders safe. It would be nice to see Jahrra and Hroombra once more before I'm needed elsewhere.