Chapter 2

The next morning was Saturday. I woke up with a heavy head and was probably getting a cold; I had a runny nose.

I made my way down the stairs and wondered why the house was so quiet.
I had left my phone downstairs over the night and went to check on it, I had a message from my mom saying that they would spend the night in town because they were really busy and had something going on but she didn't mention what.

The silhouette of yesterday had been forgotten.

I started to rummage in the fridge for something to eat, I noticed I was so hungry.

I found a few leftover pancakes from yesterday's breakfast and heated them, while eating, it was so quiet I switched on some music and that just lightened my mood.
I ran around the house singing to the songs that came and cleaned up a bit when I among all the noise heard my phone ringing.
I picked it up it was my best friend Layla Jennings

"Hey Lay what's up" I answered.

"Hi how are you I was gonna see what you where doing?" Layla was always cheerful everybody liked her she had like no enemies and was everybody's friend, sometimes it made me jealous.

"I'm doing nothing, I'm home alone my parents are at work and I'm stuck at home I have no idea what to do" I said with a pout on my face.

" You know what, I'm coming over how does that sound?" Layla squealed.

I was excited "Oh yay please do, can you?"

"Oh yes I can, my parents aren't home either I'll be there in no time"Layla hung up the phone without saying another word, I knew she would soon be here it was only five minutes driving from her house to mine.

I ran upstairs and changed out of my pajamas I was sure Layla would be dressed up like she was going out.

I had a friend that loved and lived style and fashion. I grabbed a pair of dark leggings and a comfortable shirt and I was done, my hair I had strung back in a lazy pony tail and then I heard her pull up in the driveway.

I raced downstairs to reach the door before she did.
Just as I opened the door she had raised her hand to knock.

"Hey there you are " Lay pulled me in for a quick hug and then we went inside.

"So what do you wanna do" I asked her.
Layla looked at me and smiled,

" What do you think, I thought about that we could maybe well I don't know do whatever at your house and then later hike in the forest" she said with a sweet smile.

Layla was my only friend that I could share my love of the forest with

Layla was my only friend that I could share my love of the forest with. We had spent hours having picnics close to the lake or just hike around.

"Oh yes let's do that, just we have to take care cuz yesterday I was caught by rain and I had to walk back when it was already dark, dang that was freaky" I told her but I kept the part where I had totally relaxed and forgotten that I was cold to myself.