Chapter 6

"Thank you for that," I said through a sigh, as Briana and I walked out of the school cafeteria after having lunch. I'd just gone through 20 minutes of being convinced that I like Liam by the other girls, after they've heard about what had happened in Music, and how Declan made me 'dance with the enemy', as Larissa liked to call it. Briana, on the other hand, wasn't as enthusiastic as the other four girls, probably because she knew better than to accuse me of liking someone whom I obviously don't.

"No problem," She said. She'd lied to the others that we needed to leave because we have a test to study for, though she just wanted to end my misery in there. I've never loved her more than in that very moment.

"Just so you know, I did it because I'm more patient. I know you'll come around about the whole situation with Liam," She added with a smile and ruffled my hair a little, like I was a toddler.

Oh God, not you too, Briana?!

*******

"How was Gym?" Bri asked as we walked out of the school building, after all of our classes ended. Hallelujah. "It was good." I nodded, rummaging for money so I'd buy myself a can of soda. I had Gym class as my last period, so naturally I was craving a cold, soft drink.

"How was Math?" I asked back, subconsciously crossing the road, heading toward a small store in the corner of the street.

"Good, I gue- hey, where are you going?" Briana shouted, hurrying up so she'd catch up to me. Gym class did this weird thing to me, where I'd start walking fast without even noticing it. "I'm gonna buy myself a soda."

"Oh, no, wait, my treat!" Briana stuttered with a wide smile, making me frown. "I got an A- in French," She said as I opened my mouth to ask why, and then just nodded. I waited for her to get our drinks, without even telling her what I wanted; she knew my answer would be Coke, anytime, anywhere.

"Here you go." Bri handed me the red can, and I popped the tab, taking a long sip. I swear it felt like Christmas in my mouth, even though it was the middle of October and the drink was icy cold. I knew I'd be regretting drinking the soda so quickly, but in that very moment, I was hearing Angels sing.

"Why didn't you get the drink at Holcomb's?" Briana asked, the name of the place I worked at making me shiver. It wasn't the cold, I was sure of that. "Wouldn't they give you a discount or something?"

The thought of getting a discount on coke made me laugh, and the thought of the Holcomb family giving me a discount on something of theirs made me laugh even harder. "Nah. Besides, my shift doesn't start in another hour."

Bri nodded. "Want me to drive you home? Or to mine?" She pointed to her car, as we walked toward it. I shook my head kind of hesitantly. "Actually... Would you mind driving me to Glacier? Please, Briana, please?" I pouted and gave her my best puppy eyes, as she rolled hers. She knew why I wanted to go there; it's the music shop Dominick worked at.

"When are you going to give up?" She said through a sigh, and I already knew she would drive me to that store, so I ignored her comment. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed excitedly, jumping in her car as she unlocked the doors.

"Seriously though," Briana started as she sat in the driver's seat next to me. "When are you going to give up?"

My smile was slowly replaced by a frown. "You mean, on Dominick?" She nodded, and I huffed. "Why would I want to give up on him?"

"Oh, I don't know," She started sarcastically. Here we go. "Maybe because he's not interested in you?"

I stared at my best friend in disbelief. "How do you know that? You've barely ever been there with me!"