4 []Escape[]

When Echo hopped in I locked the car. I needed one person right now. Sedecca. I grabbed my bike and pedaled downhill knowing it would be much faster to get to her house on something I knew how to maneuver. In a rush I swung down my bike and ran towards her door but it opened before I arrived.

"We need to go NOW." She demanded stomping out. She slammed the door behind her and hopped on her bike too. "Echo's alright?" She asked as we swiftly pedaled back. "He's fine physically." I replied stiffly. The same goes for me. "Your parents?" She asked. I was silent. "Mine too." She whispered. We finally got to the car.

"Esadeth when did you get your license?" Sedecca asked hopping into the passenger seat. "Didn't. But I guess it doesn't matter now." "True." She said stuffing her hair into her beanie. "But can you even drive?" "Can't be worse than go-karts." I said smiling. I couldn't have been more wrong.

"So...is right the gas or..?" I stepped on the right pedal and was propelled around three feet  in front of us with a sudden shock as we all lurched forward. "I um...I guess it is." I muttered. I pulled the car into reverse and pulled out of the driveway. All that Mario-kart may have come in handy.

"We need to get to Aspen, she's at school." Sedecca said opening her phone. I pulled to a stop. "Why are we stopping?" Echo asked. "Red light." I say nervously. Sedecca rolls her eyes. "We don't have time for this." She jabs her fist into my shoulder and I jump and press the gas on accident.

"Why is Aspen at school?" I asked, collecting myself and driving a bit steadier. "Esa, it's literally 8'o clock, school started an hour ago." I nodded and she continued with more information. "Apparently a bunch of the teachers and students became infected with the virus and the principle canceled school immediately. Students were sent into one classroom before evacuating the school, everything was going fine but when the entire front desk area became infected, only a few students were still left at the school, unsafe. And Aspen was one of them."

"So we have a group now?" I asked. "Yup." Sedecca answered.

"Do we have any snacks?" Echo whines, completely disregarding the serious situation at hand. But that was when it hit me...I forgot to pack us food. "Shoot." I whisper under my breath. Sedecca opens her back pack and hands him a bag of chips. "Thanks." He says taking it from her. "No problem."

I kept driving and finally we pull up to the school. I take the keys and unlock the door and we all head inside. I was glad I took our large car considering our group was a total of nine. To my surprise it was the last of the kids from yesterday.

Since Aspen's older sister Leonara was back from college I let her drive. Luckily she was a medical major and entering her last year in college, she could be very useful if one of us got hurt.

The cars capacity could fit a total of eight people. We had one too many. Echo volunteered to be in the small amount of space left in the trunk and I let him of course, we had no other choice. Everyone in the car was supplied with school food, extra clothes, blankets, water canteens and tons of water bottles: Aspen even managed to make a first aid kit containing the helpful supplies from the school nurse.

We began moving out of town packed in a car of strangers and adolescence. I sat in the middle of these two boys I have never even spoken to; but it's not like I cared. My life was different now. Echo's life was different now. Everyone's life was different now. I think we all wanted to take the chance to drive on the empty roads in silence to process this new world of ours. It just seemed like so much new information to handle.

Words hung in the air like bombs waiting to crash, but nobody said a word. Except of course the cheerleader, who interrupted everyone's silent wish for a chance to think.