Chapter Seven {edited}

Chapter Seven 

Ellie

        I silently shifted back and grabbed a set of clothes that were laid down in the basket near the tree line. Our pack had these baskets everywhere around our territory; being werewolves we spent an awful lot on clothes.

        As I walked back to laundry room to finish folding the clothes, I couldn't help but think that my behaviour back there was awful. I had no right to step out of line like that. To say such things. It would have been overlooked as a warning if I were still the third in command's daughter; but I'm not anymore. My status, my rank here now is an omega, I'm positive I'm going be eating my words soon. 

        I heard my wolf growl at that. Wait what? My wolf never growls at me, we had a really close relationship since we were each other's only supports.

        How can you be so dense Ells? My wolf, Alice said using my nickname.

        What do you mean?

        Did you not see him out there, have you not seen his behaviour for the past few days so far? The last thing our mate would want is to hurt us. Your rank is no longer an omega, it's a Luna. You did not step out of line; you just gave him a reality check. Alice scolded.

        I thought you hated him? Why are you defending him? To say I was confused would be an understatement, not ten minutes ago was she whimpering in fear.

        I don't hate him. After all he is my mate. I just don't love him that much yet. I'm not defending him either, well in a way I am. But you need to understand that he would never think of such things anymore. I'm not telling you to jump in his arms. Just give him some slack and some credit.

        Wow when did you become so wise? I asked sarcastically.

        Please, I was always the one who that held the logic. I don't know what you'd do without me. She replied. I sighed, I miss our little conversations. For the past few days she was pretty quiet. She was the only one I was comfortable around, the only one who understood me and the only one who I can act normal and free around.

        I missed you too. She whispered before disappearing into the corner of my mind.

        As I reached the laundry room I sat down and continued folding the clothes for the next hour or so.

o-o-o-o

Two hours and a half later...

        Finally done. I slowly stood up and put the baskets of clothes on the cart, and made my way around the pack house delivering them. I was pretty drained and I'm one hundred percent sure you could tell just by looking at me. I was walking rather slowly and once in a while tripping over my own two feet. My eyes would hardly stay open but I knew I had to finish my chores. I still had to broom and mop, make lunch and dinner, snack for the pups, baby food for the newborn, replace all the towels, dust, clean the chandeliers...and the list goes on. Where are the other omegas when I need them. I was just glad I was in house duty today, I don't know what I'd do if I had outdoor duty. The sun was blazing. 

        I sighed. How was I to do all of this on my own. Today was not my best day.  As I made my way to the rooms located on the first floor I accidentally bumped the cart into two couples.