Chapter 7

Chace's POV

You aren't the only one who can make me feel things.

What was that even supposed to mean? My heart thumped in my ears as the image of some other guy spooning her in his arms came to mind. I hadn't even realised I had broken the edge of the table I was grasping on to until I heard the crack. I shook my head of those thoughts and walked away from the hall.

Her words had hit me hard, and I knew it would take me an entire century to prove to her really how guilty and regretful I felt about my reckless decisions back then. Until a few days ago my intentions had remained with distancing myself from her. But how could I when she was the only thing on my mind. When I couldn't even look at my so called Luna. How could I when she was my real Luna, my soul mate. Regret and guilt penetrated me once again and I hadn't realised I had unconsciously walked myself to her house and was standing right outside her window. An idea popped into my mind, however a sound from her window had me paralysed. I dropped the stone in my hand and focused my hearing on what was going on in her bedroom.

"I love you Al"

"I love you too Drew"

And for the first time, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces and my wolf whimper in pain inside of me. I didn't waste a minute in running deep into the woods before having my clothes ripped as I shifted into my wolf. I ran for the longest of time, my wolf needing the escape of knowing that his mate had already found someone else. But then again, it was my fault all of this had happened. It was my fault she left, my fault she was hurt and my fault she now had someone else in her life. As we reached the top of the cliff, my wolf paused, releasing a painful howl into the silent darkness of the night. I felt a wave of loneliness strike through me as I trotted back home silently.

As I walked through my wooden doors, I was greeted by the pack slut who I had wrongfully decided to give the Luna title to. This only hurt me more as it made me realise the kind of Alpha I was being for my pack, leaving the pack slut who couldn't get along with anyone from the pack become a Luna. She had her hands on her hips as she looked at me with horror.

"Where have you babe? I've been waiting for you all day" She cooed, putting her arms around me that just disgusted me now.

"Chloe, I want you to leave right now. You are not my mate and most certainly not going to be my Luna. I want you out of my house right now and I don't want to see your face ever again, now get lost" I commanded simply, wanting to be freed of her disgusting presence.

"WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M NOT GOING TO BE THE LUNA? WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU CHACE? BABE WHAT ARE YOU-"

"You heard me Chloe, you're not my mate, and you're not fit to be my Luna, and quite frankly, I don't like you anymore, so I command you to shut up, pack your things and leave this instant, and never ever even come in front of me. I don't want to see your face ever again. Goodbye Chloe." And with that, I left her stunned by my doorstep.

I walked into my living room, dropping down on my couch as I buried my face into my hands.

"Finally came to your senses I see." I heard. Looking up, I saw my sister, Diana, standing by the door of the living room with a smirk on her face. She then walked towards me and sat next to me on the couch. "I never liked that girl, I don't see what you saw in her in the first place" she commented.

"I don't know either. I just..."

"Wanted to look cool?" she finished for me.

"Yeah" I replied in pure guilt, fully ashamed of myself.

"You know you can still win her right?" I shook my head, fury filling me as the repetition of her words flew by my head.

"It's too late D. She already has someone else." Pain fluttered through me as I said the words. She chuckled from beside me, placing a hand on my tense back.

"So what? It's not like that person can make her feel what you can."

"Well according to her that someone else can" I fought back.

"Well that's bullshit. You know that's not possible. Even if she says he can, he just cannot. The fates put you together Chace, there must be a reason behind it."

"Then why doesn't she feel the connection with me D? Why can't she feel the extremeness of the pull that I feel every time I am around her. The way I just want to hold her in my arms and kiss her every second I spend with her. Why can't she feel it?" My head fell into my hands once again as yet another chuckle came from Diana.

"She does silly, but you rejected her, and there is no way in hell she's willing to show the way she feels about you. She's just getting back at you; like any other girl would have done if their soul mate rejected them for no apparent reason don't you think?" Her words started making sense as my head rose from the nest of my hands. A blur of a vision started forming in my mind, and just a tinge of hope built up within me. A flutter of excitement and motivation struck me as I digested my sister's words. She was right; I had made a jerk move, now she was making hers. However I wasn't going to let her go, and as cliché as it sounded, I was going to get her back, because the truth was that she was my mate, and I needed her at all costs.

I decided to spend the rest of the day with my sister, wondering about the future events and ways to get my mate back, because I was determined to, and I was going to.

I will get you back, one way or another.

A/N

Sorry for the late and short update, unfortunately due to my exams there won't be weekly updates, however I will try my best to update as soon as I can! Also, the next book of the Hard Mate Series will be based on Diana. What do you think of her? Chapter thoughts?? Future predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think!

Picture of Diana to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha