Chapter 59 - There Will Always Be Light (End)

Sorry guys! this should have been up monday! I didn't expect It'd take this long. It turned out to be a pretty large chapter and I wanted to do the end justice so it took a little longer than I planned. I hope you enjoy!

Keegan's POV

Several weeks passed and summer rolled in. It took a few days but the Martins got used to Theo and I being a couple. Nothings really changed between us. It felt wonderful knowing that him and I could be together without anyone being upset... besides my father anyway.

During the many days Shaylene stayed over, her and Shaine became really good friends, despite them having such different personalities. The yelling and profound language echoing from her room as they played video games put a smile on my face. Shaine didn't have many people she was close with after the incident so it made me happy her and Shaylene got along. Shaylene eventually had to leave though. She had her own life away from her old home. Shaine continued to come over and hang out though. The Martins were more than welcoming to her, so it made her feel at home, even more than her own. That's what she told me anyway. She said she knows that her parents only want what's best for her but the way they go about doing things is very unconventional.

The past couple of weeks we started hanging out with Kevin as well. It was sort of Theo's idea. One night while we were laying in bed I was expressing my gratitude for everyone's help, but I didn't know how to repay Kevin. That made Theo wonder why we hadn't hung out with him more often.

The following morning Theo had Thomas search up Kevin's address since he's good with things like that. Not too long later he was handing Theo a slit of paper. It was a huge help since we didn't really know where to start. After Shaine and I got off work we all hopped in Theo's car and headed for the address. Since it was summer our work schedules changed, allowing us more time in the day, but of course work got a lot more hectic too.

We reached a small cozy looking neighborhood, trying to spot the right address. I looked up to a small sized house fenced off with stone walls and a gate. I looked at the address plate nailed to the stone wall and it matched.

"Hey that's it!" I pointed in the direction.

"You're right." Theo said, noticing the address plate. He pulled into the curb and shut off the car engine. Charlie being the energetic human that he is raced out the car before everyone else.

All of us stood at the gate while Theo walked up the little stone path leading to the porch stairs of the house. He softly tapped on the door and waited for a response. Shaine took a seat on the stone fence and conversed with us while we waited.

Mid conversation the door popped open revealing the black head of hair that belong to Kevin. He had his head back as he pulled open the door. He seemed to be talking with someone.

His eyes widened when he saw all our faces hanging out outside his house. "I wasn't expecting company." He said, surprised.

"We though we'd drop by and ask if you wanted to hang out." Theo said. Just when I thought it wasn't possible his surprise seemed to grow, only it faded as quickly as it appeared. He stepped out of his house and shut the door behind him, bitting his nails.