Prologue

My chest rose and fell heavily as I breathed in deep lungful's of air. No matter how deep I breathed I wasn't getting enough oxygen. It felt as if I was suffocating as anxiety claimed me and my chest rose and fell faster.

Releasing a small sob I twisted my neck to look down at the thick heavy brown leather that was wound tight around my wrist. The cold metal of whatever I was strapped to bit into the exposed skin of my arms and legs that was left uncovered by a large t-shirt dress.

The skin beneath the deceivingly smooth material had been ripped raw as I repeatedly tried to pull my hands free. Small drops of blood rested on the antiseptic wiped metal showing the struggles I had gone through.

I wasn't safe here.

Whoever had taken me meant to hurt my baby. My bump had grown so big that I couldn't even see my toes let alone the door that entered into the room. I felt completely blind to the danger that was so close.

Tilting my head back I welcomed the uncomfortable pain it bought, it took my thoughts away from what could happen in the next few minutes. Concentrating on the steady beat of my pups heart and the roll of little feet across my stomach as he or she rolled around I tried to hold back tears.

My little one was going to be okay.

Ryder was going to come.

The heaviness of the door slamming at the opposite end of the room jolted me from my comforting thoughts. Shoes clicked lightly against the grey concrete floor, moving closer to me at a torturously slow pace.

Keeping my eyes closed I wished it all away. Whatever peace I had quickly dissipated as a strong hand wrapped around my jaw, pushing my head back further and stretching my neck in a painful way.

My eyes snapped open and I fought a gasp at the eyes that I met. They were a wave of bright blue and green that was littered with flecks of gold. Ellie's eyes. But this wasn't Ellie. This man was tall, all limbs with stark white hair and skin only a few shades darker.

He wasn't human and he wasn't a werewolf. His scent held an almost serene floral smell yet the look in his eyes was the opposite holding a menace that held me to the metal better than what the restraints did.

"Sweet, sweet Charlotte." The voice was sickly sweet provoking a cold shiver to roll down my spine. "That's all anybody can ever say about you. The darling Queen of Jordena. It's a shame."  Roughly the man released my jaw and my head rebounded back with a heavy thud against the metal.

His hand moved down my body his fingers dancing over the swell of my stomach. "Don't touch me." I seethed my breathing heavy once again.

The man just chuckled as he flattened his palm, his long digits covering a larger span of my belly than what Ryder's ever had when he did the same. "This will be the end of Ryder's reign."

All I felt was pain and even after begging and begging the unnamed man never stopped his torture. This man's idea of ending Ryder's reign was taking my child's life and that was the most painful thing of all.

.-.-.-.

Sorry for updating later than expected but I'd like to inform you of my updating schedule now. I edit better once I've gotten the chapter off my mind and I can look at it with fresh eyes and I hope to be at least two chapters in front when I post. So that means that chapter 1 is finished and I won't edit and post it until at least chapter 2 hopefully 3 is done. Pressuring me and commenting update WILL NOT make it happen faster. You'll get one warning and if it happens again I'm muting/blocking you. I have an anxiety disorder and will not deal with that at all. This makes me feel much more comfortable in my writing and the story line so if you don't like it than tough cookies that's what's happening.

Hoping I'm keeping you all in suspense. All the love H xx