Snitches get Stiches

Some darker content ahead warning!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple weeks after Lyme told me that she knew about my brother, things started to go a little... haywire. I knew that she obviously hadn't said anything but I was getting worried that other people were catching on. I've started to notice my mother hanging around the centre more than usual. I asked Lyme if Cato could join her group until the preparation for the 70th Games was complete, so that took a bit of the weight off my shoulders. The next few days for me was going to be packed because I was on the selection committee for which tributes will volunteer.

I walk into my pitch black house and shut my door after a long day at the centre. As I'm taking off my combat boots, I start to notice things out of place, the vase that is usually on the left of my console table is now on the right. I slowly reach into its drawer and pull out a knife (I may or may not have stole) from the training centre.

I slowly creep up to my living room and press my body against the wall. I quickly round the corner to come face to face with my intruder.

"Mom?"

"You should probably return that knife dear."

"Mom, why did you break into my house?" I ask cautiously, with the knife slightly raised.

"I know." Memories hit me like a ton of bricks, I see images of me and Cato training, I see him laughing and smiling. I see his innocent little eyes looking up at me and admiring his older sister. I try to call my moms bluff.

"About what? That I'm selecting for this year's games? Because thats old news woman."

"Your brother."

"Mom...Don't you dare touch a hair on his head."

"So it is true." Wait what?!?!?! Did I just get out played by this old hag? "Thank you for confirming my suspicion." She continues. "I want you to stay away from him, because if anything were to happen to this boy it would look bad upon you. You're his trainer."

"I'll tell Snow you're doing this and he'll kill you!"

"The boy will be dead by then, and my men leave no mess. Besides what would he really do?"

"Listen Olga," I say using my mom's name. "You can't kill everyone you don't like!"

"I can and I will to protect this family. I'm not going to let some bastard child of your fathers ruin this families reputation just because your father was sleeping around with some bitch!"

"Mom, you killed this boys mother leave him alone!!!" I'm looking at the ground back facing my mom trying to not show her emotion.

"I'm sorry Octavia there's nothing you can do about it. I haven't told your grandmother about this yet, but when she finds out it will be out of my hands. Just cut him loose."

My blood turns cold and my instincts kick in. I look up and I turn around emotionless. "You said you didn't tell my grandmother about any of this?"

"No-" And her words are cut off as a knife enters her chest. "How could yyyouu, my own dddaughter."

"I was never your daughter." I state simply. She draws her last breath. The severity of what I did starts to kick in as my instincts start to fade away. But I can't dwell on that now.

I throw on some old clothes an old black sweater to cover my face. I roll my mothers body in an old piece of carpet that had been removed from my house to put in hardware floors after I carefully take out the knife so I don't leave fingerprints. I set out into the rain, bringing the rolled carpet with me. I finally reach the place I was looking for. The Titus section of District 2. The place where more murders take place than anywhere in all of District 2. Once there, I dump the body in an alley way.

I quickly scurry back to my house, careful not to draw attention to myself. Once home I chop up the bloodied antique chair and throw it into the fire. I then go and shower and change into fresh clothes, and throw the old clothes into the fire as well. Last, but not least I clean off the knife. I look at my family room one last time as the fire blazes. I sit on my couch looking at the horrible thing I had just done in this room.

Some how I manage to dose off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We bring you breaking news from District 2, where a famous trainer and kin of victors has been stabbed to death." At first I don't realize what going on but then I sit up and stare at my television set.

"Homicide peacekeepers are saying that Linda Jones was most likely walking alone at night in the Titus section, where she was mugged and stabbed for her money, as no valuables were found near the body. Unfortunately, the city has no cameras in the Titus section alley way where the body was left, just like there are no cameras whatsoever in the Victor Village, but people in the area are being questioned."

Then it dawns on me. I just got away with murder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats a wrap! Sorry for not updating! I also wanted to do a Q & A section with the character and their actors possibly, like a tell all or something!