20: Breaking the Fast (not iftar)

Bismillahi rahmani raheem
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Most Merciful

As we all should already know, breaking the fast during Ramadan without a valid excuse is considered a major sin. Here's what the Prophet (pbuh)'s dream had to say about it:

"... until I was at a mountain, where I heard loud voices. I asked, 'What are these voices?' They said, 'This is the howling of the people of Hell fire.' Then I was taken to another place, and I saw people hanging from their hamstrings, with the corners of their mouths torn and dripping with blood. I said, 'Who are these?' They said, 'They are the people who broke their fast before it was the proper time to do so.'"

Al-Hafidh adh-Dhahabi said, "Among the believers, it is well-established that whoever does not fast during Ramadan without a valid excuse is worse than an adulterer or drunkard; they doubt whether he is even a Muslim at all, and they regard him as a heretic and profligate."

Ibn Taymiyah's input on the matter: "If a person does not fast in Ramadan knowing that it is haram but making it halal for himself to do so, he should be killed if he does not repent; and if he does it because he is immoral, then punish him for not fasting."

The knowledgeable of the Muslimeen have spoken; I have nothing else to say.

And that's all from me for today, wa asselamu alaikum, peace ✌🏼️

Source: Matters Related to Fasting by Muhammad Salih al-Munajjad