Tears are my best friends

Sanyukta kept standing there and Randhir kept looking at her in shock. She was looking angelic in that dress. "What is she doing in the boys' dormitory at this time?" Randhir thought

"Ermm... Parth is not in the room. Jiggy has gone to his hometown" Randhir said, looking everywhere except at her and Sanyukta's eyes welled up once again.

Long back, whenever she came to his room to meet Parth or Jiggy, he used to smirk and say sarcastically,
"I know you miss me Sanyukta! That's why you give lame excuses each time to come to my room" and she used to retort back and give him a good blow.

But today, when she has actually come to meet him, he behaves as if she is an unwanted guest to his place. Controlling her sobs, she pushed him aside and entered the room, before locking the door. Randhir was amused to see her new avatar. She was about to say something, but he interrupted in his gloomy voice.

"You wait there! I'll call Parth" he pointed towards Parth's bed and Sanyukta let out a mild groan. Why can't he just let her speak?? He hurriedly went to his desk and put all the papers inside a file. It appeared like he wanted to hide something. Without paying any heed to his words, Sanyukta went behind him and touched his shoulder.

"Randhir" she whispered and his hands stopped doing their job. He dropped the file on the table and closed his eyes as if trying to register her touch. She made him turn towards her. But he refused to look at her face, his fingers were fidgeting with his shirt. He looked totally AFRAID.

"Afraid of what!? Is he afraid of me?" Sanyukta thought and she couldn't control herself anymore. What sin had she done that he behaves this way with her? Whatever the mistake is, she is ready to seek his forgiveness. She can't bear this torture any longer. She can't lose her MCP at any cost.

"Why are you doing this to me Randhir?" Sanyukta asked cupping his face and tears flowing from her perfectly kohled eyes. Randhir looked stunned by her actions

"Whha... What did I do? I swear Sanyukta... I didn't do anything this time!" he replied tensed.

"Why do you ignore me Randhir??" she finally asked the question which was not letting her sleep for many days. Randhir, at once, stopped his struggles to move. They were looking at each others' eyes. Those eyes were speaking volumes.

"Sanyukta" he called to see if it was just a dream. But no! She immediately rested her head on his chest and hugged him. Randhir was taken aback for a moment. Sanyukta wrapped her hands around his torso and held him close, their heartbeats moving in a synch.

"Please Randhir! Just tell me what I have done. Why do you ignore me? I'm sure I would have done something very stupid. Please... let me know what it is. Please...." she had never pleaded to someone this much.

"Sanyukta... I" he started but was cut in between by his phone ringtone. He took his iPhone from his pocket and cut the call immediately. But to their luck, it started ringing again. Randhir distanced their frames a little and looked at her face.

"Its an important call. Excuse me" he said and rushed to the corner of the room.

Sanyukta felt unwanted. She was there to open up her feelings for him but he seemed to be interested in a stupid call. She however waited patiently for him to come back. Meanwhile, her gaze fell on the file in which he dumped all the papers in a hurry. After ensuring that he was not looking at her, Sanyukta opened the file. There were some certificates and an envelope which read "Thornton brothers ltd". There was also a letter which she curiously opened.