Wattpad Original
There are 37 more free parts

Original Edition - Chapter 37: Waterfalls

"Wanna go for a swim?" Lander cheekily asked. I nodded and followed with Andrea, Evangeline, and the vamps in tow.

Needless to say, Evangeline was not a huge fan of swimming, but I wasn't at first either. When Lander got in her boat and tossed her a rope, both Andrea and died laughing.

I loved it, though. It made me feel like I was back home, back with Levi. We swam for a few hours before the day started to fade and Derek said that we needed to get back so he could start dinner.

Evangeline was sore, but I noticed the ghost smile on her lips as we walked back to the house. "Thank you," she whispered to me.

I nodded. "Don't thank me yet, you still have plenty of ass beatings to go," I chuckled out.

"Lander do you need a place to stay?"

"Nah girly, Billy's got me a room fixed up. Besides, between the vampire love fest in your cabin and the pheromones reeking off you and Ethan, I don't think I'd get any damn sleep."

I slapped his chest playfully while he laughed heartily. "I do not smell, dammit," I grumbled.

Lander laughed some then kissed my hair before following Andrea to Billy's house when Billy started to walk down the path with a pissed off Ethan in tow. Evangeline and I exchanged glances; from here I could see his busted lip and a good gash on his ribs.

Billy smiled at Andrea. He had a few cuts, but nothing major. He kissed Andrea and started to walk towards their house. "How was the rest of the day?"

"Good," he smiled then looked at Ethan who was marching back home. "I think I showed our young first beta to watch his ass a little more."

Both Evangeline and I bit back laughs as Ethan muttered a string of curses under his breath. Evangeline waved to me as I got to my cabin then started to head her home. "See you for dinner!"

I nodded then went into my cabin. Derek was already cleaned up with Elliot in the kitchen cooking away. "Need any help?"

He smiled at me and shook his head. "Not now, but maybe when it gets closer. Just get yourself cleaned up." I nodded then walked a few steps when he called to me again. "Char, you did good today love."

I smiled at him as my beast swelled with price before I headed into my bathroom. I was so glad to have my own bathroom, it even had a stand-up tub like Derek's back home.

I was quick to wash away all the sweat, blood, and dirt from the day; my wolf and I smiled proudly as it all washed down the drain and reminded us of a day well done. We needed to be pushed, we wanted it, craved it. We were just very thankful that Billy, like Levi, was there to do it.

After my shower I sat on my bed and brushed through my hair. I couldn't help but think about Levi and grow homesick. I stroked the fur of my bear skin and tried to fine the link in my brain. It was still there, ever present and buzzing like white hot fire.

"Levi?"

I felt something stir as I walked to my closet and tossed a navy short sleeve t-shirt dress with a pocket over my shoulder. It stirred some more before something popped.

"Charlie girl, homesick yet?"

I let out a breathy laugh as I grabbed some gray Keds. "Maybe a little, Lander was here today."

"I know. He's been talking with Billy about combining resources to train up the warriors. May be a good idea so we can both protect our borders better. David was supposed to go, but some of our younger wolves needed more of his attention, so to speak." I chuckled to myself as I felt him stir a bit more in my mind, reminding me of his ever so dominant presence in my life.