Volturi

It was a warm day in Volterra, the Italian climate drawing locals and tourists out into the city. The tourists were in awe of the old stone castles, the locals, not so much. The savoury scent of fresh bread and cheeses filled the still air and crystal liquid smoothly rumbled in the centre waterfall. They could feel that something was off. The innate fear that something darker lingered beneath them, though the knowledge passed on by family secrets that they were safe as long as they were residents. The knowledge that the monsters will protect them.

A timely shadow was cast over him as he watched children play. He was more observant than most though. The local street kids had figured out that as soon as a tourist entered the inner walls of the castle, they never returned. They picked their targets much like Heidi would.

A small grin crossed his lips when he remembered being one of them. He remembered chasing unsuspecting targets through the streets of Athens where he unfortunately grew up. They shared stories about the people they crossed, gossip that certain people would pay large sums for. They knew everything, and they knew when to keep their mouths shut about certain things, like vampires living in the city controlling their lives.

His fingers flipped the coin in his hand that belonged to his mate his mind lost to thoughts of her.

Though the scene before him was so serene.

Demetri wasn't aware of the seething master in the tower.

*****

Ruby eyes looked towards the clock tower searching for a familiar form.

As usual he was there. He always was there whenever he had free time. He to people watch, though she suspected he was interested in paying off the street kids for information. He always said they were the best source to go to.

She was aware he was mated now, or would be soon, but that wouldn't stop her from trying. He was one of the most eligible vampires around. They used to have fun, and she hated how much he had changed since meeting that Greek Girl. Andromeda was an issue for her, she didn't like how he no longer reacted to her gifts. She could attract everything. Well everything except for him.

Demetri was a Casanova, she actually think it was Casanova that was taught by the vampire. He was very good at doing what he did, and he didn't have any gifts to improve his talent so it was purely skill. The fact that he resembled Adonis helped as well, so why wouldn't she be attracted to him.

She wasn't the only one though. There were many that pursued the tracker and many that had their hearts broken by him. He always made it clear he would wait a thousand years for his mate.

She made a move towards him her hips swaying as she radiated her gift to the fullest.

Heidi was stopped in her pursuits by a hulking shadow.

*****

He was thirsty.

Well it wasn't that surprising given his eyes were now black. He would have to leave the city to hunt so he nodded to the twins before heading out of the castle.

He remembered when he first met Demetri. He had recently been turned by Aro and his sire had let him out on his first mission. He was only decades old and all he had to do was dispose of a vampire that was causing problems for his Masters. He was on his way back to them when he passed the vampire in Cairo. Something about the stranger drew his attention so he made his acquaintance.

They talked about guy things (hunting) and things that drew their attention (girls). They enjoyed each other's company and seemed to get along quite well. He didn't realise when he returned that Aro would read his mind and decide to collect his new friend. He didn't really have a problem with it. What he had a problem with was the idea that he somehow ousted his new friend.