//Six//

•Abigail•

I was surrounded by darkness, unable to move or speak. Just surrounded by complete and utter darkness. Never have I thought about death, what it would be like, is it as peaceful as people say it it? But I began thinking, regretting my past actions to Charlie, to the Cullens, to Bella.

Soon I was brought back to life, water falling out of my mouth as I coughed. I sucked in a deep breath of air and lay back down. Edwards face was inches away from mine.

"What the hell were you doing?!" Edward said, it was evident he was angry.

"I saw- I thought..." I stuttered, tears started to form in my eyes. I broke down, tears fell from my eyes rapidly as I let out all my anger, sadness and confusion. Why did Bella leave me? Why won't my nightmares go away? Why did I have to be caught up in this mess? All my emotions just left my body.

Edward pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly. I wanted to push him away but really all I wanted was a hug so I didn't move. In fact I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him even closer.

I didn't realise that Edward was carrying me until I felt Edward bounce me into his arms. I opened my eyes and saw Edward looking forward walking up the beach and towards his car. "Why'd you do it?" He asked again.

"I-I thought I saw her..." I mumbled.

He looked down at me then back up, I wish I new what he was thinking.

"Edward... We're things tense between the two of you?" I asked.

"No, things were great," he said, putting me in the car. I went to ask him another question but he shut the door and walked around to the drivers side.

"I'd like you to take me home now..." I said, my head was killing me. He didn't say a word, he simple just started the car and sped off.

The car ride was awkward and quiet, his eyes stayed glued to the road while mine looked around. I contemplated saying something but quickly refused to, not knowing what he would do if I were to say something. I awkwadly cracked my knuckles before clearing my throat.

Finally after what seemed like forever we had finally arrived at my place. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and hopped out of the car.

"Cya." I mumbled as I began walking towards my house. I turned around and watched as he sped off, feeling slightly disappointed I opened my front door and walked in.

The house as always was empty, I hated the emptiness. I walked upstairs to my bedroom and collapsed onto my bed. Letting out a sigh I looked over to my bookshelf that had collected some dust. I haven't read a book in ages.

I focused on this one book I wanted secretly hoping it would come to me. Suddenly the book slowly moved out from the others. I closed my eyes and sat up. The book was still half out.

What the hell just happened?!

I stared at the book trying to figure out what the hell just happened. I grabbed my phone and called Jacob.

"Hell-" I cut him off

"JACOB MY FUCKING HOUSE IS HAUNTED!" I screamed into the phone.

"Wha-?" I cut him off.

"GET HERE NOW! BRING A PRIEST IF YOU HAVE TO! JUST COME HERE!!" I yelled before hanging up the phone.

I placed my phone down slowly and stared at the book that moved. How?!

Within 20 minutes Jacob arrived. I let him in and dragged him upstairs.

"See! Do you see that!" I said, motioning to the half out book.

"Umm..." He looked at me as if I was a mad person.

"It was tucked in with the others! Then I kept staring at it and it moved! I Shit you not!" I said.

"Maybe your a wizard" he joked, plopping down on my bed.

I looked at the bite mark scar that James had left me, tracing over it I look at Jacob. "What if the bite did something to me Jake?" I asked.

He looked at me, "I.... Impossible."

"Think about it... I completely healed," I said.

He shook his head, "It's not possible."

"What if I am a vampire Jake? Some things that have been happening lately....I'm starting to think I am..." I said, not wanting to believe it myself.

"Your not one of them Abby! Your not a blood sucker! I won't let you be..." He said, muffling the last part "and even if you were, you would've been turned straight away"

I plopped down next to him "yeah... I guess."

As much as I wanted to believe him, believe that I wasn't one of them but a part of me didn't. What if i was? To many unanswered questions, it was unsettling. But maybe Jake is right. Maybe I'm just thinking the worst.

"Also what's the deal with you and Cullen?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You two seem to be 'best buds' now."

"OooOoo is someone jealous?" I joke, nudging him.

He smiles, "no."

"Uh huh," I smirked looking over at him.

"I'm not!" He said.

"Okay okay! Calm down." I giggled and held my hands up in surrender.

I heard the front door open, soon Charlie poked his head in the door. He looked beat, dark circles and bags surrounded his eyes. Ever since I've been having my nightmares he's been waking up at all hours of the night to tend to me. I felt so bad that I was doing this to him. He hasn't had a decent nights sleep in weeks.

"Hey Dad," I greeted with a small smile.

"Hey Abs, I won't be here long just wanted to check on ya," he said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"There's stuff going on at the station and people are calling in talking about supposed bear attacks" he sighed, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

It's been a day since Charlie came home. Its been hard on me to see him like that, I want to help him but he wont let me. Staring up at the ceiling I couldn't help but think about the "bear" attacks that have been happening. I knew they weren't bears, we don't really have bears here. but who was doing it? Victoria? I don't know and it's making me on edge.