C 1 2 | E P I S O D E 04

Capital city was the most civilized sector of the world as they knew it. The world’s population had exploded, resources depleted drastically and the need for a secondary survival had sprung up. The elites pumped gazillions into research and development, world leaders spent hours behind heavily guarded rooms in conference and scientists worked their brains out until Phase I was birthed—in the moon. The elites, world leaders and a quarter of the world’s population were transported to Phase I.

With the assistance of Phase I citizens, several parts of earth was rehabilitated for habitation, but assistance soon was cut off and most part of the world remained yet to be revived. Places like Bathfog Ruins, one of the most unstable parts of earth-now referred to as Phase II.

Systems: Check. Upgrade: 25%. Synchronization: Good. Compatibility: Good.

Bishop’s eye snapped open and for the next few seconds that followed, everything remained blurred in his sight. His vision swam into focus and he realized he was on the floor of his cabin, on his way to Bathfog Ruins. He could hear his heart pound against the walls of his chest and beads of cold sweat moistened the back of the white vest he had on. His heart slammed against his chest in shock when heavy thuds landed on the door of the cabin.

“Wh-who’s there?” he asked feebly, forcing himself from the floor. His body was stung with unusual weakness while he stepped up to unlock the door.
“Woah, you’re good?” Meghan asked immediately the door slid open. Bishop could only nod in response, wiping off beads of cold sweat from his temple. “You sure would want to see this view, hurry.”

Bishop shook off the feeling and grabbed his jacket before following Meghan into main deck.

“What time’s it?” Bishop asked.

“Seven hours since we left Capital,” Meghan answered, leading the way.

“Seven what!” Bishop found it hard to believe that he’d been asleep for the past seven hours. “What about the rest?”

“Haven’t seen Ramon, he’s probably with his ‘friend’. Jo’s been in and out a few times.” Meghan turned and shrugged at Bishop, “so much for being crew leader.”

They stepped into the main deck and Bishop’s jaw dropped in awe at the view outside the window. The Ark had descended low enough for the large insignia of Star City to be seen. The insignia dispersed, like a threatened swarm of flies and fluttered about before reforming to create the logo once more in a varying mix of colors.

“That is so cool,” Bishop exclaimed, drawing closer to the large tinted window which ran in an arc. “Where’s that?”

“Star City,” Meghan replied simply, a smile crossed his lips as he watched the logo disperse again.
Bishop looked closer in amazement as an arc of neon light came into view; it flickered amongst the clouds as they drifted towards it. Soon, they were well above the source of the insignia and a full large circle could be seen beneath them.

“That’s Center 1 spread out beneath us,” Meghan pointed. “If you look closer, you’d notice the blinking lights up ahead. Those are Centers 2, 3 and 4.”

“These are relatively large settlements compared to what I’d imagined,” Bishop replied, turning to Meghan.

“Yip, they’re only for temporary residency. With the increasing influx into Cloud 6, this might as well become our new tourist center.”

“You bet,” Bishop said, glancing at the city below them encircled in neon light to mark its boundaries.

“Next stop’s Center 4 and that’s 3 hours away.”
Bishop fell into the closest seat, a sharp pain pierced through his head like a nail had broken through his skull.