The Man In The Doorway

it was a normal Saturday. I had woken up super early and decided to just be lazy all day. Around 10pm, I decided to get into bed and watch some South park. I had fallen asleep around midnight I think. The actual encounter happened very fast.

I had woken up at 4:43am with an overwhelming feeling of dread. It was dark, but it only took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to my surroundings. I looked at my clock with is right next to the door and I noticed a figure standing in the doorway no more than 8 feet from me. He was staring at me with a sickest grin I have ever seen. The guy was a fucking monster, ugly and big as hell. I froze. I had no idea what was happening.

I jumped out of bed after a few seconds and yelled, “Who is that? Get the fuck out of here, now!” As I rushed to the door to slam it shut, the man slowly closed the door, still staring at me with that malicious grin. I locked the door and heard heavy footsteps walk away very slowly. This guy wasn’t here to rob me, I can tell you that. The way he shut my door was too calm for any 2-bit thief that just got caught.

I heard him walk to the basement door, and he left. I immediately called the cops and they showed up within minutes. They did a walk-through of my house and just chalked it up to some drunk guy wandering through houses. I told them that this guy could’ve been watching me for hours for all I knew, but they obviously dismissed it.

They left and I woke up my floor-mate (a girl) who was asleep throughout the whole ordeal. She had gotten in a few hours after I fell asleep and she said she locked both the deadbolt and the normal lock. They were both unlocked. Well, simple solution: I change the locks. Fine.

But the thing that worries me the most is that this guy specifically came into MY house. I don’t know how he got in, and I don’t know if he’s watching me or someone in the house, but I am freaked the fuck out. Once I told everyone that was home, they didn’t seem very concerned. What the flying fuck? I guess their opinions would change if they had seen this man like I had. His grin was so eerie, and his face was messed up. But the way he just calmly shut my door as I charged towards him is actually nauseating.