Chapter 24: Still Summer

*Lyra's POV*

------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and yawned. I quickly picked out my clothes, took a shower, got changed and ran out of my room. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Draco hanging out right outside my room.

"Draco, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm your bodyguard," he replied.

I rolled my eyes and responded, "I'm fine, Ferret."

That was a lie, I'm still not fine. All I want is to hide in my room and cry, but I can always fake it 'till I make it. Right?

"I know, but just in case anyone attacks."

"Wow. How long were you here?"

"All night!"

"Wow. Well I'm going to the joke shop so see ya, Ferret."

I ran to eat breakfast. Them I ran out of the gate and waited to Fred. When he finally came, he asked me, "how are you feeling?"

"A wee bit insecure, but I'll survive," I answered back with a smile.

More like really insecure.

He side hugged me and told me, "poor girl, you suffered a lot."

I rolled my eyes, pushed him away and said, "The last thing I need is for people to feel sorry for me. I'll fight back."

"Okay, sorry."

"Whatever, lets just go."

He took my arm and apparated us to his joke shop. When we got there, I flashed a fake smile at George and went to check out their stuff. I saw the kid who used a beard growing potion in Snape's class to grow a beard. I went over to him and said, "Hi, I'm Lyra from Potions. I'm the one who complimented your 'beard' a while ago."

He looked at me in fear. I gave a small laughed and said, "relax, I'm not going to bite, or curse, or anything like that!"

"Y-y-y-you're the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange!"

"And Voldemort! I probably shouldn't of mentioned that."

He wanted to run away, but he couldn't move. I sighed and added, "I'm not like my parents, I'm not mean, or racist. I'll call people 'mudbloods' but just to joke around and tease so you don't have to worry."

He finally came down, smiled, and said, "I'm Caleb Greengrass. I'm a pureblood Gryffindor.."

"I'm Lyra Riddle, I 'lived' with Snape at Hogwarts and I'm a half blood."

"How are you a half blood?"

"My dad's actually a half blood. I know, shocking!"

"Ah. Do you want to meet my friends?"

"Yeah, sure!"

I followed him to a group of upcoming second years. They stared at me in fear.

"Relax guys, she's good."

Can I go home now?

They relaxed and introduced each other one by one.

"I'm Vanessa Black, pureblood Gryffindor," said a light brown curly haired girl.

"I'm Cameron Diaz, muggleborn Ravenclaw. Son of some muggles," said a blond haired boy,

"I'm Stella Snape, half blood Slytherin," said a straight, black haired girl.

My eyes widened, "You're related to Snape?"

"Yes, but he doesn't want to tell anyone for some reason."