7. to be king

[this format may be weird but I'm trying to fix it]

S O R E N

Amanda Daisy smelt of weed, and I knew exactly how that smelt. I watched the blonde counsellor hand me a glass of water and flash me a sweet smile.

"Now, Soren, my dear..." Her voice was high (no pun intended), and her posture was straight as she sipped her tea, "How are you?"

"Amazing." I said sarcastically, glaring straight in her dusty green eyes.

"Oh, now, now. We both know that's not true." She took a breath and I took that as my opportunity.

I crossed my arms, "Can I ask you a question?"
She looked surprised but put her tea down and grabbed her notepad.

"Ready?" I raised an eyebrow at her as she nodded. I sat forward and gave her a fake smile, "Did you fuck the guy so he'd let you get a psychology degree?"

"Soren—"

I held up my hands defensively, "I'm just sayin. There is no way an air head, such as yourself, could have this job without help."

"SOREN!" Amanda screamed into my face, taking deep breaths, to calm to her temper. She took one big breath, and closed her eyes before she opened them, smiling.

"Soren, we've discussed this. You must think before you speak—"

"Oh trust me; I've been pondering on this one for a while."

Amanda's face hardened and I watched as her lips went thin as she pressed them together hard. She clicked the top of the pen and slammed the notebook down on the table. I smirked victoriously at her.

"Well, Soren." Her voice was levelled, her hands behind her back as she stared down at me, "I do believe you need mental treatment for these anger outbreaks. There is a centre that you can go in person or there are hotlines. You will do one of these."

"Wow, you're doing this because you don't—"
"Soren." She took a deep breath, "I am going to email your mother and father—"

"Fuck no. Do that and I'll tell the principal that you smoke pot before each student's appointment." I growled, standing up and towering over the blonde women, "Don't say you don't because we know you do."

She gulped and went to speak but I cut in, "And if that's not enough reason not to contact my parents, I'm sure the entire school would like to know your sessions with Brian Buckley don't consist of having a good old chit chat. You're too busy getting laid to even question if the kid has feelings."