Chapter 30: Prepare The Food And Fill Our Guests In

Make sure you red the message at the end of this chapter and comment!

Elle's POV
I could feel his meaty fingers dig into my neck as his temples pulsated with pure range. My oxygen supply had started to deteriorate as he slowly choked me. Things were getting blurry and botched with darkness and I felt myself start to slip into unconsciousness, but before I could, I felt his fingers being jerked away.

"What are you doing? Are you trying to kill her?" The other man hissed aggressively as he threw Pierre off me.

"Get off me!" Pierre shot back, as they both stumbled back into the floor. I did everything I could to catch my breath as the two remained at a stand still.

I don't think I'd ever been that close to death before.

Stefan's POV
"Fill me in." Mariano spoke, as soon as we entered my office.

There was a man on the far end that I had recognized from other flights I had made through the airlines. His name was John March. He was the head of the security detail. He was also known for his incredible attention to detail and privacy.

The note that Mrs. Potts had handed me was now sitting on the table. It had read:

The security cameras traced Ms. Mallerie from the check in desk towards the gate she was meant to enter before there was an incident. It looks like she may have accidentally bumped someone with her bag, and as she turned around to apologize, another man approached her from behind.

They stood like that from a few moments without Elle turning around, before they both walked past her gate and towards the back entrance. We believe he may have held some sort of weapon to her, or threatened her with something.

"It's good to see you again, John." I nodded towards him as he nodded back. "Has there been an update since this?" I asked, gesturing towards the note on the table.

"It's good to see you too, sir. My men have since reviewed the surveillance from the back entrance and we were able to pull a license plate. It looks like this vehicle was unregistered, meaning it was most likely stolen then switched with fake plates. There are only a few trails that could be taken through the back exit of the airport."

"I trust that you've kept this quiet?" I asked, as Lumiere glanced over my shoulder at the surveillance photo of the man that was behind Elle. Another surveillance camera had pick up an image of the side of his face that was almost unrecognizable.

Almost.

I could hear Lumiere's breath hitch.

"Yes, ofcourse. No police have been informed, only my surveillance team and I know of this. I decided you most likely wanted to put your own men out there before the uniforms make it public."

"Yes. No one must know that she was even at that airport." I nodded.

"I'm guessing Stefan hadn't told you when he arranged the flight, that Elle has a large bounty on her head right now. Her, dead or alive, is currently worth 1.3 million dollars." Mrs. Potts spoke to John.

Both Mariano and Lumiere cut in at the same time. "What what?" They asked in unison.

"The projectiles from the bullet, Mariano, showed that the shot was meant for Elle and not me. The Russians have put a bounty on her head." I explained to my Italian friend. His eyes grew wide.

"The Russians do everything personally. What have you done to piss them off?" Mariano asked. His faced had paled tremendously since the start of this conversation.

"We've always been rivals, but my family had recently created connections that have brought us a great deal of money. I believe this is their way of showing me they can still get to me." I explained. I glanced up at all the faces that nodded back, except for Mrs. Potts. Only she knew what was really going on.