chapter 6

flakabrat thank you for the amazing cover. Really appreciate it

I did a small victory dance when I felt the railings of the stairs. I used the railings as a guide to descend on the stairs.

But I unexpectedly slipped, but James was quick to catch me before i gracefully meet the floor.

"Are you alright?" James asked me in a worried tone, "Next time be careful when walking down the stairs." He added as he helped me to the kitchen.

"Oh gosh not again, this is the second time he saved me," I couldn't help the blush that rose on my cheeks.

"I promise I will be careful," I said in a timid tone.

When we reached the dining room, James kindly helped me  to sit down, he introduced me to his house help. Mrs Karina.

Mrs Karina set the table for us. I thanked her as I heard her walk away.

We devoured our dinner in a surprisingly comfortable silence before the bell rang and intruded the peaceful scene.

"Who could it be? I don't expect any visitors today. Mrs. Joan, will you please get the door for me?" James asked her.

I didn't know when she re entered the kitchen. I guess I was really enjoying the food.

James is so polite and kind to Mrs Joan. I wish I could see both of them some day. Not just feel them or hear their voices but see them actually.

James P.O.V.

Amelia is really pretty inside out, I just can't get her out of my mind. Plus, she really looks hot in that towel, but why is she afraid of me? Does she think that I will hurt her in some way? What I know is that I can never do that to her—ever.

When I left her room, i subsequently went down to tell Mrs. Joan to set a table for two.

Mrs. Joan hadn't had the chance to be meet up with Amelia yet, so i did the favor of telling her about what i knew about Amelia in general.

Mrs. Joan was happy with the fact that another female would be in the house therefore she wouldn't feel somewhat lonely.

While i was on my way to the dining room, Amelia's walking figure caught my full attention. She is a real beauty with all curves in the right places and with my shirt on, she looked way hotter.

I wouldn't deny that it suited her more than me. I was waiting for her at the bottom stairs when she missed two steps and almost fell.

If it weren't for me standing there to catch her, she would have hurt herself.

We strolled to the dining room together and i helped her with her seat. As we were silently eating, someone had the audacity to ring the doorbell, I hate to be disturbed at my home.

I asked Mrs. Joan to check who was at the door for me, but all i heard was a quite loud bickering between Mrs. Joan and the person who was at the door. Feeling uncomfortable, I excused myself and went to see what was going on.

As soon as i got there i saw a familiar woman standing at his doorstep—Emily—the one who was causing that commotion. What is she even doing here?