fifteen

phil

the temperature has dropped further, a thin layer of mist coming in the way of my vision as i push my glasses up the bridge of my nose and i shuffle closer to dan under the blanket. he doesn't seem to mind, only turns his head slightly to look at me before smiling.

"it's really cold isn't it?" his words are followed by shiver, and he wraps his fingers around the mug of the leftover hot water from the cup noodles.

"yeah, i have no idea how i'm going to function outside, especially exercising," i roll my eyes and dan just giggles nodding in agreement. i feel like the air between us is slightly more forgiving, more room of friendship rather than harsh words and dismissive eyerolls.

i'm just afraid that i'm getting too comfortable with him.

"it's fun though, if you think about it. i mean river crossing and mountain climbing in this whether would probably be much more amazing than we think it would be," he shrugs and i raise my eyebrows slightly at the level of intellect in his tone. it is kind of nice to be talking to him this way.

"yeah but you know sometimes my inner turmoil just starts to yell at me if i think about exercising, it's kind of unacceptable in my book," i joke and he laughs, leaning into my side slightly, his head resting on my shoulder casually as he keeps the now cold mug of water to the side and picks up his phone to scroll through it.

he doesn't seem to mind the close proximity between us so i try not to mind it either, swinging my arm around his shoulder in a platonic way and pulling him just a little bit closer. he let's out a small sigh at that, i'd like to think of it as one of relief, his head pushing further against my neck, eyes still fixed on the lit screen of his phone.

"what time should we leave?" i decide to break the comfortable silence between us and he looks up at me, staring at me for a moment before looking back down.

"in about ten minutes?" his statement is more of a question and i nod my head slightly, letting my head rest on top of his for a while before my stomach starts churning and i realise that i have to pee.

i try to not ruin the moment, cursing slightly under my breath at the call of nature before i roll my eyes and decide to just get up and freaking pee.

i begin to move slightly so dan gets the hint, and he just furrows his eyebrows at me raising his head up to look at me with a confused expression.

"is something wrong?" his lips move slowly as he speaks and i'm forced to notice the way they are just slightly chapped, the rose colour popping brightly on his pale face.

"huh? yeah oh i, um, need to pee," i scratch the back of my head with my free hand and he just leans into me further.

"but i'm warm, and you won't get the opportunity to cuddle with me again," he sounds slightly cocky, one of his arms going around my waist to hold me in place and i can feel my cheeks heat, my tongue tangling, trying to find something to say.

"i-i,"

"just kidding loser," he rolls his eyes, getting off me all too soon and waving his hand dismissively to shoo me off and i roll my eyes, pushing his arm playfully and getting up and walking outside, shivering slightly from the cool air.

maybe i'll have to pee in the woods too.

--
i know my writing us shit stfu
also
how u doing bros