17: Reliving the Past & Dumbledore Rocks

//

1997

Third Person PoV

//

A month and a half passed since Henrietta was sent back in time. They had two months left until her return, and Sirius Black may or may not be freaking out.

Speaking of Sirius, he gave a quiet sigh as he ambled FREELY through the hallways of Hogwarts.

A week ago, Dumbledore kept his promise. Sirius was granted a trial, and when they practiced Legilimency on him to review his memory of Peter Pettigrew, his innocence was finally proven.

Of course, he still got suspicious and fearful looks when he walked around in a crowd, but that was to be expected. For now, he's content with his new freedom. He can relive his memories at Hogwarts as he ambles on the grounds without having to worry about Aurors or Dementors.

Sirius strolled farther from the castle, and outside of the wards. Once he was outside the anti-apparition wards, he carefully planned his apparating. It had been a while since he actually used the method of travel.

After a moment of reciting the address and vision in his head, he shut his eyes and felt the uncomfortable feeling of being pushed through a tube too small for his body. His legs turned to jelly, ears almost popping, as he felt himself disappearing with a CRACK, and finally reappearing at a certain manor.

Sirius reopened his eyes, frowning in distaste as he stared up at the old Black Manor. Damn, he hates this place. But he came here for a reason.

The man reluctantly entered the uncanny building, glancing around warily. He had been living here since Harry and... Henrietta, along with their friends, helped him escape Aurors. When the Order decided to use it as a base, he was willing to comply. Seriously, who would want to be all alone in this horrific building?

He walked silently, examining the place with dull eyes. Merlin, he hates this place. The same "home" where he was mistreated by his parents, with no one to help him but his friends. Including Renley.

Sirius abruptly turned and trekked away from the room he had entered. He was on a mission. He didn't come here for a series of memories. No, he came here for something much, much better.

He slowed his pace as he neared his old bedroom. He can't resist chuckling as he examines the gold and red colors decorating the room. His parents had definitely had a tantrum about that, especially when they found out Sirius charmed it so the colors couldn't be removed.

The raven-haired man edged towards a certain dresser, frowning in thought. His hands actually shook as he reached towards one of the drawers, nervously pulling it open.

Inside this specific drawer there were several scrapbooks. He grinned nostalgically as he recalls just how many pictures are in those books. And, not to mention, most of them were taken by Remus and/or Lily, while the other Marauders were oblivious.

His smile dropped as he skimmed his fingers over a couple covers of the scrapbooks. Dust brushed onto his fingertips, only causing his frown to deepen.

After a long pause, Sirius shifted to the right, where there were more drawers. He inhaled sharply, slowly reaching towards the top drawer. When it slid open, a little sigh escaped him.

This drawer was full of trinkets from his years at Hogwarts. A badge from Quidditch, a couple of his Gryffindor ties, and an old robe he had purposely stained red instead of the green his parents had placed on it. In a corner was a little box of two snitches, one from James and one from Remus, believe it or not.