I, CASSANDRA RELEASED AUG, 2021

She is a prisoner who can alter reality. He is a dead soldier brought back to life as a sentient machine. A forbidden love affair that transcends time, the end of the world, and what it means to be human.

"E.A. Carter is already a master of epic fantasy romance, and she does not disappoint in her sci-fi debut. The scale of I, Cassandra is truly awesome, but it's a fast and accessible read, and the human element shines. Carter balances a gritty apocalyptic setting with emotive conflict — it's tragic yet hopeful, and beautifully written."— Carly Vair, Goodreads ARC review

"I finished this two nights ago and I'm still thinking about it. A dystopian sci-fi tale told from multiple POVs: Ryan—a battle-weary soldier, Cassandra—the woman he loves who also happens to be the saviour of humanity, and Amadi— a man forced to make a terrible choice for love. I honestly loved it. I fell right into the prose and descriptions of eternal love that stretch beyond the death of the world. Echoes of Oryx & Crake, Earth Abides, and Altered Carbon, but also unlike anything I've read. I adore EA's writing and this absolutely didn't disappoint. "— Scarlett Drake, author of A Dark Fall

My newest release I, Cassandra came out August 26, 2021, a sci-fi drenched in the dystopian atmospheres of Blade Runner, Ex Machina, and Elysium. 

I hope you will support my writing by purchasing a copy online! Link in bio and in comment!

With love,

E A Carter

Previous author's note below....

I began writing I, Cassandra in late 2012, but shelved it in favour of completing The Lost Valor of Love, which turned out to be a massive undertaking, requiring years of research, drafts, and revisions.

I had forgotten about I, Cassandra, tucked away in a remote spot on a laptop until I dreamed about it one night. I wondered if I even still had it knowing I am prone to occasional bouts of self-loathing as a writer, at times succumbing my works to mass deletions.

But no, there it was, still intact. I hadn't deleted the nascent manuscript. I had, of course thrown away all my notes, and after two hours spent searching for them, I gave up. Still, rather the notes than the manuscript.

During the summer of 2018, I intended to rest from writing between having just published The Call of Eternity and beginning The Rise of the Goddess, but I, Cassandra took over my thoughts, and when a story calls, I listen.

I wasn't able to finish I, Cassandra before beginning The Rise of the Goddess so I took I, Cassandra down from Wattpad while I wrote and published The Rise of the Goddess between August 2018 and January 2020. At last, I am back to working on I, Cassandra. Everything I wrote until the end of the summer in 2018 is being republished in advance of new material. 

I, Cassandra came out on Amazon on Aug 26, 2021.

E A Carter