The Shrewd Wolves

Second book to 'Claiming Cortez'.

"You don't want a mate and neither do I. So for the sake of our wolves, let's just complete the mating process and part away like... friends?" Quillon said and I stared at him in disbelief.

Isn't he supposed to be my 'Soul mate?' And is this what soul mates say?

"Friends?" I said grinding my teeth together. "You make this outrageous proposal and expect me to be friends with you?" I questioned incredulously. "Right now, I feel so friendly towards you that if you drop dead, then I would dance on your corpse."

"Fine," he shrugged. "Your loss."

"Oh don't worry! I can find someone way better than you." I launched furiously. Quillon might be good-looking but he is also a major A-hole!"

Think it's that easy, Darya?" he queried cocking one perfect brow and I glared at him. "Let me see you try."

Darya Kenrick, an Alpha's sister, has been playing Russian roulette with her life ever since she shifted for the first time. Having an exceptional gift of manipulating all the five elements, she is a prime target of a cannibalistic werewolf.

Quillon Sanders, Alpha of Serene Pack, is hunting for two wolves. A she-wolf, who had dared to send him an outrageous gift and a savage wolf, who goes about killing anyone who comes in his way. When his search comes to an end, he discovers that the she-wolf is his mate and the savage wolf, is planning to kill her.

To kill their mutual enemy, Darya and Quillon must keep their personal differences aside and join forces. But are they both capable of killing the monster, who can hypnotize any wolf he wants?

Are Darya's gift's powerful enough to protect Quillon and her from this callous creature?

Can this creature kill Darya, especially when he knows that Quillon is stronger and shrewder than any wolf he has met?

Author: shruthii

Status: Completed