Epilogue Part 1

Arnavji is dunya k sabse ache pati hai...

(Arnavji is the best husband of this world.)

He opened his eyes lazily and smiled widely. They both have loved each other till afternoon yesterday.Food has been sent to their room and Arnav knew his Di must've made everyone understand about his need to spend some time with Khushi after their heavy showdown with each other.

He has made up for all the tears she has to shed because of him for the three days he has been away during the whole morning yesterday which he has declared as their wedding night.They had slept for hours later on and has woken up in the evening, ate light snacks and then has indulged themselves into loving each other for the rest of the night before sleeping with exhaustion. He glanced at the watch. It was 9am of the next morning now. None of the family has disturbed them the whole day yesterday much to his surprise since they had been inside the room from the morning ever since he returned. Maybe Di has made sure no one did. He would thank his Di for sure after freshening up. With this thought he reached for her and that's when he realized her absence.

What the...

He has slept hugging her to him. Where the hell is she gone leaving him alone in the bed? He looked to the bathroom.Getting up he checked it. No she wasn't there. Maybe she went down. He was about to run out of his room to check on her when he realized his own state. He was in his boxers only. He chuckled. He would've given everyone a shock if he has went down like this. Quickly putting on his shirt and trousers he dashed out of the room and he heard the laughter even from corridor.

When he reached the living room, he found everyone there except her. Akash was dialing a number and passed it to Nani who laughed hearing whatever she heard from the other side. Di, Payal, Mami and Akash were already chortling.

"What the hell is going on here?" He said frustrated.First Khushi's absence and now his over the top family's weirdness was getting to him.

Everyone silenced looking at him, they remained sobered for a second before bursting out laughing again as if his presence only fueled their amusement.

He shook his head. He has one mad family. He let them be.

"Di, where is Khushi?" Arnav asked her.

Anjali said in between her giggles. "Woh toh gayi Chote.(She is gone Chote.)"She gestured through her hands funnily.

"What?" He gritted. "Where?"

"Buaji k aur kahan?!(To Buaji's where else?!)" She looked at Payal and they sniggered.

"Unbelievable." He muttered before moving upstairs to his room. Taking his cell phone he called her.

How can she leave him like this alone after what they shared? After they crossed all the barriers finally?

He put his phone to his ear and then he got to know why everyone was laughing downstairs.

Hello hum Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada hi bol rahe hain.Number galat nahi hai par hum kaam mai viyast hain. Koi bhi laad governor humein phone karne ki koshish na kare. Dhanevad.

(Hello, yes it's Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada speaking. You have called the correct number but I am busy in work. No Laad Governor is allowed to disturb me. Thank you.)

For a moment he stared at the phone and then he couldn't resist laughing.

"Pagal."