UNWANTED

Chapter 1

“Alpha, we found someone at the north border of our territory. She is a rogue but not actually a rogue. I could still sense a pack bond within her. What should we do?” Beta Cole asked Alpha Caden through mind link.

Caden rubbed his eyes. He already had enough trouble on his plate. Now these stupid rogues. He was angry and wanted to rip the rogue’s head off.

He was stuck with these alpha duties because his older brother Ryder decided to leave the pack to live a peaceful life with his family after first two years. So it came to Caden as he had the alpha blood as well. Not that Caden was sad but with the search missions, it became too stressful for him. All he wanted was to find Maia, his love, his heart. It was almost a year since she was gone and he still couldn’t find her.

“Alpha…?” Beta Cole said again and Caden came back to the reality.

“Bring the rogue to dungeons.” He snarled in the mind link.

“Yes, alpha.” Cole cut the mind link shortly and interrogated the girl standing in front of him. Her blue eyes held fear. She was anxiously looking at everyone.

“Let’s go.” Cole led her towards pack house and she followed behind him like a loyal puppy.

That’s what she was taught to be.

Caden was already frustrated and it turned into fury as soon as he heard about a rogue on his land. He stalked towards dungeons to deal with the fucking rogue. He wanted to snap the rogue’s head.

Maybe it would have helped him with his rising temper but as soon as he entered, the smell hit him like a truck. ‘Mate!’ his wolf surfaced. This was the moment Caden dreaded in his entire life.

Annie’s breath caught in her throat as she smelled that intoxicating smell. Her wolf perked up and she knew her hell was over. She finally found her solace.

A small smile crept on her lips unknowing to what was going to happen next. Her smile faltered when she saw the cold expressions in the alpha’s eyes.  No sign of recognition at all.

“What’s your name, rogue?” he sneered.

Annie chocked on her breath as she opened her mouth to answer but not a single word came out. She trailed her eyes to ground not answering him. It agitated Caden more as he growled loudly. His wolf was whimpering inside of him but the human was too stubborn to recognize that.

“Question her and if she is not ready to answer, kill her.”

Annie’s wide eyes snapped towards her mate who unknowingly rejected her. Tears rolled down her eyes. Caden’s heart clenched looking at his destined mate but he already had his chosen one and he wasn’t going to complicate the situation.

He knew Maia was alive somewhere and he was willing to do everything to find her.

“Why?” Annie muttered to herself as she fell on her knees hugging herself but Caden heard it even his beta did but Caden chose to ignore it and left the room.

Beta Cole understood the situation. He knew his best friend and his love for Maia but he felt bad for the girl sitting in front of him, clutching her heart. He knew it was painful for her. Slowly he walked towards her.

“Kill me?” Annie whispered and Cole’s eyes went wide as he shook his head. Not knowing what to do, he mind linked Charlotte, Caden’s twin sister.

“Please.”Annie begged again.

“I can’t do it. You are my Luna, I can’t kill you.”

Annie gasped and looked at him. She was shocked to find that beta knew what happened.

“It’s an alpha’s order. Do it please.” She begged again.

“I’m sorry. I know Caden. He has his reasons. He doesn’t want to kill you, it’s complicated.”

Caden! Her wolf whimpered when she heard his name. She didn’t say anything just lied down on the dirty floor curling into a ball. Tears didn’t stop. She couldn’t believe her destiny. She was rejected by her family, her pack and now by her mate, her only hope.

Caden was furious. Why he was feeling an attraction towards that rogue? He was going crazy. She was nothing, she was just some girl who wanted power, he convinced himself. His wolf opposed but he neglected him. His anger was rising and in a fit, he turned the table upside down.

“What the fuck are you thinking? You nearly killed her.” A voice of his twin sister made him glare at her.

“It’s none of your business and no one dies because of a mare rejection.” Caden answered coldly.

Charlotte gasped. Her brother had truly turned into a monster. He was so blinded by the love for his girlfriend so much that he couldn’t see what was in front of him.

“You ordered to kill her.”

“Yeah! I don’t want a mate. I don’t care what happens to her.”

Charlotte covered her mouth with her hand. What was happening? She sat on one of the chair to hold herself together.

“You know what rejection did to mom? You know how she lost everything. You know how much it cost dad to gain her trust back. You know everything, then why?”

“Because I would never love her.” Caden yelled. “I have given my heart to Maia, she is my chosen.”
“So you are going to kill your destined mate, just like that?”

Char’s broken voice made Caden’s heart clenched but he controlled his emotions.

“Then don’t kill her but I want her gone.”

“NO! She is not going anywhere. She is Luna of this pack and she stays here with all of us.”

“She is not my fucking Luna. She is nothing.” Caden screamed in Char’s face.

Charlotte took few steps back shaking her head.

“Mom and dad raised you better than this.” She whispered and turned around to walk away but gasped loudly.

There stood Annie with Cole who was standing behind her holding her shoulders to keep her stable. She didn’t make a sound as slowly she turned around looking at Cole.

“Can I go? I need to be alone.” she stuttered and her voice cracked.

She was trying everything to control it and not cry in front of him, her heartless mate. Cole wanted to shake his head but he nodded knowing she deserved the privacy.

Annie walked out of Caden’s office. She didn’t know where she was going but just kept walking, stumbling at some Point. Vision was blurred and her heart was crumbled into pieces. Soon she was out of the house and in the middle of the forest and that’s where she broke down. She couldn’t hold it in anymore. She just let it all out. She cried for everything.

--------------------------------------

Hey there! So it's a spin off! Caden's story.

So how many of you already hate him? I do!

Important thing is this is a short story, will contain 4-5 chapters max. So stay tuned.

Thank you for reading :)

-BeingDreamer