Chapter 20 - Unexpected news

Aria's POV

When I opened my eyes, I couldn't see anything. The room was completely dark. A piece of cloth was over my mouth, stopping me from talking. My hands were tied together behind my back. I couldn't move or scream.

Suddenly, the door opened. Someone walked into the room.

"Aria, I'm happy to see you again. I missed you so much." It was Jacob. He approached me and pulled the handkerchief down.

"Let go of me! What the hell do you want from me?" I shouted; he grinned at me. He grabbed my hair and pulled it. "Ahh. Let go of me!" I screamed.

"I will kill your handsome boyfriend. Then you and I will go abroad. You will be my wife. He ruined our company, but I won't let him take you away from me," he said, looking straight into my eyes.

"I will not marry you. I hate you! Chase will find me, and you will go to jail," I threatened.

"We'll see," is all he said before he left the room and closed the door behind him.

Chase's POV

The police, Aunt Ella, and Uncle James were at my parent's house. We waited for news when suddenly, my phone rang. It was an unknown number. It must be Jacob. I picked up my phone immediately.

"Wow, someone awaits to hear my voice."

"Shut up, bastard. Where's Aria? If you do something to her, I will kill you with my bare hands!"

"You can't fool me with your heroism. You ruined my company. As if that wasn't enough, you decided to take the girl I love away from me. I will make you pay!" he screamed. "Now shut up and listen. If you want to see your beautiful girlfriend again, bring me five million dollars by tomorrow. I'll send you the address tomorrow morning. Come alone."

"I want to hear her voice."

"Ok."

"Chase!" I heard her voice, my Aria.

"Beautiful, did he do anything to you?"

"I'm fine. Chase, help me."

"I will, beautiful."

"That's enough," Jacob said by taking the phone.

"Bastard!" I hissed.

"Watch your mouth, or you will never see her again. Wait for my call. Don't inform the police, or I will kill her." He hung up the phone. I clenched my fist. My father placed his hand on my shoulder.

"We couldn't find his location. He hung up too early," the police said.

I couldn't breathe anymore. I needed to be alone.

I went to the kitchen. I pressed my hands on the counter and leaned my head down. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I wouldn't be able to live if something happened to her. I can't live without her. I love Aria so much. When I find that bastard, I will kill him.

 When I find that bastard, I will kill him

"Chase." I wiped my tears away.

I tried to hold my tears back and said, "Yes, Aunt Ella."

Aunt Ella walked towards me. "Are you alright? I know you two are together." She placed her hand on my arm.

"I'll be fine when I find her."

"I have to tell you something. I shouldn't be the one to tell you this, but you need to know." I looked at her confused. "Aria…is two and a half months pregnant." When I opened my mouth, nothing came out. I was speechless. Aria was pregnant; she was carrying my baby. I was going to be a father.

"Find her before something happens to my daughter and grandchild." I nodded. She hugged me; I hugged her back.

I saw my dad at the door when Aunt Ella pulled back. My father approached me as Aunt Ella left. I understood from his expression that he had heard everything. He approached me and put his hand on the back of my neck and hugged me.

"I'm going to be a father," I murmured. I was very emotional. I had a mixture of emotions.

"My son, it's like it was only yesterday when I held you in my arms for the first time. Now, you are going to be a father." He pulled back. He placed his hand on my shoulder. I wiped my tears away.

"If something happens to them, I won't ever forgive myself. It's all my fault," I murmured.

"Nothing will happen to them. We will save Aria and my grandchild. Come on, pull yourself together. You need to be strong, for them." I nodded. My father left, leaving me alone.

A few minutes later, I went to the living room. We talked to the bank. I went to the office to be alone and poured whiskey into a glass. I thought about Aria and our baby.

There was a knock on the door. My mother came in. "My son." My mother came towards me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore; I started crying. I was scared for them. I didn't know if that bastard would hurt them.

"Your father told me about the baby. Don't be afraid. We will find them."

I pulled back. "Mom, if something happens to them, I won’t be able to live," I said honestly. I love her so much.

"Nothing's going to happen," my mother said, giving me a reassuring smile.