Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Annalisa sent an icy glare in Lucius direction. He paid her no mind as he conversed with Orion. He just decided to drop a bomb like that then began talking happily as if he didn't just say that? She wanted to wring his neck out with her bare hands.

Annalisa was so frustrated and wanted nothing more than to go home. But she knew she would never get her wish. She really didn't want to die. She had so much going for her and it was all ruined in the blink of an eye. She swore he said she was going to become his slave? Looks like he changed his mind quick..

She was tired, hungry and thirsty. She was in no mood to talk to anyone and the longer she stood next to Lucius. The more her tired she became. How did her life get so messed up and crazy? She was just a normal adult with a boring job. What happened to that? Oh yeah a crazy creature decided to come take her away. She sighed loudly why did this have to happen to me?

"May I borrow Annalisa for a second?"

Annalisa froze momentarily before she turned her head and faced the deep voice that belonged to Slade. Her face was wiped of any emotion as her eyes locked with his.

Lucius nodded with a gesture towards Annalisa. "As you please,"

Annalisa quietly followed Slade to a more dark, secluded area of the room. The collar around her neck felt more heavy than it did previously. She felt suffocated and the sound of the chain dragging behind her was working her last nerve.

The last person Annalisa wanted to see was him. He basically betrayed her and lied to her. He knew exactly what was happening to her and he pretended like he didn't know anything. She even began to trust him. All he did was throw it back in her face.

"What do you want?" She demanded as she leaned against the cream colored walls. She ran a hand through her blonde locks as she prepared to hear what he was going to say. The room was more dim than it was when she came in. She could hardly make out the people around. She could only see the shadows of the figures in the decent sized room.

Slade looked different from the last time she saw him. His dark brown hair grew out, almost reaching his shoulders. His face was covered in stubble that gave him a more dark menacing appearance. He wore an all black suit that hugged his muscular body. He didn't look like the troubled little boy she once knew.

"I need your help," He told her firmly, his emerald eyes bore into hers. She cocked an eyebrow. I know he's not serious as if I'm ever going help him with anything.

"Is that so?" She inquired as she glanced down and examined her nails. She was in need of a manicure asap, she never allowed her nails to become rugged and uneven before.

"......If you tell me where it is, then I will be able to claim ownership of you," He finished as he slide his hands into his suit pockets. He waited for her response but sadly she wasn't even paying him any attention.

"Huh? Can you repeat that?" She asked him with a bored tone. She crossed her arms over her chest with a sigh. He narrowed his eyes at her, anger flashing in his eyes

"Look I'm trying to help you Anna. My sister wants you to find the necklace King Lucius used to track you down. So I can claim ownership of you," He hissed, a lips set in a hard line.

Annalisa raised both brows this time "Excuse me? What are you talking about?" She mused.

Ownership? She was not a piece of property anyone could just claim. Why on earth would she want him of all people to do anything with her? If she couldn't get her home then she didn't want to hear anymore of this conversation.

"Humans in the Underworld are viewed at as property of some sort. Demons such as I, can claim ownership of previously or currently claimed property aka humans. But only if they can retrieve the original form of the contract that binds the human to the demon. Only male demons can be the master to a human. My sister Ella wants me to claim you so she can find a way to get you back home." He explained quietly as he scanned his surroundings. Most likely making sure no one could over hear them.

She didn't realize how close he leaned in while he was talking. She could see the freckles scattered on his nose and even the bits of gold that flickered in his irises. She ran her eyes over his features and wanted to slap herself for swooning over him. He really is one fine specimen though. Too bad he's a lying asshole who isn't even human. She snorted mentally she sounded so crazy. She would've never been thinking like this 2 months ago. She would probably be in the loony bin if she had.

Annalisa shook her head at those thoughts and focused on the issue at hand. They were not human...they were demons.. That means that most of the people in the room probably wasn't even human except her. Not only that but she wasn't happy with the thought of someone especially Slade claiming her. Why she should she trust them? She's had known them her entire life and neither mentioned anything about not being human.

Also Annalisa haven't forgotten about what they did earlier at that little meeting. What about Lucius? Apparently he is the king of the underworld. There is no way he would allow her to slip so easily from his hold. He's probably more powerful than everyone in this room.

"Why should I trust you? You and Ella betrayed me," She glanced away briefly. She didn't want him to see the hurt flicker across her face. Ella was her bestfriend since elementary school. Even though she didn't necessarily like Slade. She never thought he would do her like this.

She could feel his eyes on her for a long moment before he finally responded.

"Honestly you can't, but what else do you have to lose?"