Chapter Eight

Hotel Scout
Chapter Eight

After Levi had given me his number, I immediately punched it into my phone. My tummy tickles were getting stronger each time I thought about the man.

A few days after (I dare to call it) our date, I saw that a new issue of Survey Corps featured Levi on the cover with a woman I recognized as Nifa.

I saw her on a couple of TV shows, but I never had thought that she'd turn to nude modeling. That's probably why Levi was so busy this past week.

Yes, and that means 2 more days until Levi is going back to Los Angeles. I shot him a quick text.

Eren Jäger: Hey just wondering if u would maybe want to hang out before u leave again

I waited for his reply. He hasn't been answering me or talking to me this whole week. I'm wondering slightly if he thinks I'm weak for crying and telling him what happened between Erwin and I.

Even at the hotel when I see him in the lobby, he just looks at me. Maybe he's trying to protect me from Erwin or something. I would like to think that's the case anyway.

Levi Ackerman: I'm busy.

My heart clenched a little seeing those simple and blunt words.

Eren Jäger: Did I do something wrong to upset u? Im sorry if I did

Levi Ackerman: Fucking brat, I'm BUSY. B. U. S. Y. Leave me alone.

My eyes watered. I have no idea what I did wrong. Maybe the media got to it that we were hanging out. I felt a flood of embarrassment thinking that I had a chance of being friends with him.

I covered the blankets over myself and curled into a ball. "Oi, stop throwing yourself a pity party. What's wrong?" Jean asked and nudged my behind with his foot.

"You wouldn't understand. Go away, horse freak." I mumbled sadly. "Ah, you're on your period. You're right, I don't understand." I heard him get up and then throw the blankets off of me.

"Stop it, Jean!" I whined. I reached for it back, but he bundled it into a ball and threw it to the other end of the room. "Hey, what's your problem?!" I said seriously now.

"I should be asking you that, bastard! You've been nothing but depressed for the past week..." Jean's expression softened as he sat down beside me, "If there's anything wrong..."

He pulled me into his embrace, "I know we don't see eye to eye most of the time, but you've been through a lot of shit. I just—"

I grabbed his arm in thanks, "I'm fine, Jean. Thank you for...um...just thank you."

He ruffled my hair and made his way upstairs. Probably to make lunch for everyone. It is his day today.

Levi Ackerman: I'm sorry brat. I've been frustrated trying to figure out this whole situation, I took it out on you. I have a meeting tomorrow before I leave, so come see me today in my hotel room.

My face brightened up at the words that appeared on my phone screen.

Eren Jäger: r u sure it's ok? is erwin there