~Chapter thirty-seven~

*MATURE CONTENT*

"Adeline. Come on, you want to go and see her before your heat starts." Rylan told her, he could already smell it and he was getting frustrated.

"Will she be awake?" Adeline asked. She wanted to go and see Sophia.

"Your parents were there for hours, she's probably very tired, but if you want-"

"No. It's okay." She told him. "I don't want to overwhelm her, I'll wait until tomorrow."

"Good." Rylan said sitting down on the sofa. "You're going into heat already. I can smell it." He took a deep breath.

"We should be at the office or helping them search for clues." Adeline paced.

"Everything's under control. The warriors are searching for documents and anything of use in his land, the prisoners are being held downstairs in the cells for questioning and Tyson is in a secure cell where he can hurt no one. It will all be figured out slowly. Will you calm down please?"

"So, what are we going to do?" She asked, standing behind him.

"I'm going to look after you and make your heat go away... Or we can start now and solve the problem all together?" He asked clearly eager and she shrugged.

"I'm not really in the mood."

"You're going to be in pain. You're going to be uncomfortable." He warned and she nodded.

"Can we go and have a bath?" She asked.

"Together?" He checked and she nodded. "As long as it's not too warm, and as long as you're going to let me help you. I have self-control limits." He warned and she giggled, nodding.

She layed on the bed while Rylan ran the bath and got everything ready. He came into the bedroom and insisted on helping her undress, taking off everything apart from her underwear teasingly slow.

"Go jump in." He told her letting her get up from the bed, he moved her clothes into a pile on the floor and went into the bathroom, stripping off himself.

It was very bubbly​ so the couple couldn't really see much of each other, but it was relaxing and romantic all the same.

"Are you glad we're together?" Adeline asked out of the blue.

"Of course, I am... Why do you say that?"

"Just thinking about the last month or so. I love it here."

"Adeline you have no idea how much I love having you here. You're funny, you're beautiful, you're kind... You put everyone before yourself. You've already proved you're going to be an amazing Luna." He paused, shifting forwards in their bath and placing Adeline on his lap. "You're hot." He added making her blush.

"You have no idea." He kissed her neck, where the mark was still forming... He was getting anxious to see it now.

"I need to mark you." She kissed behind his earlobe, making his groan slightly.

"Mark me." He breathed out and she smiled, she did the same slow tease up and down his neck as he had done to her and took her time.

"Adeline." He smiled. He knew she was teasing him. "Mark me."

"What if I don't want to?" She asked, through hooded eyelashes, she sucked at his collar bone. She felt his arousal beneath her, even in the water. She knew the effect she had on him.

"Then you're going to be in lots of pain for a while, aren't you beautiful?" He said slowly. "Mark me."

She didn't hesitate this time, sinking her canines into the soft spot of his neck. He didn't seem to reach quite as much as she did, but he had a high pain tolerance, just flinching slightly and screwing up his face.

"Ow." He said as she retracted her canines and wiped his mark.

"Now what are you going to do...?" She asked, kissing his cheek.

"We're taking this to the bedroom," He said straight up, and she smiled. He lifted her up out of the bathtub and carried her into the bedroom, picking up a towel on the way.

He spent minutes, carefully drying her off so that they both wouldn't get cold, and then kissed her passionately with more hunger and fire than ever before.

She responded in the same way.

They spent what seemed like hours making out and taking it to the next level before Rylan pulled away from her touch and reached into the bedside cabinet.

"No babies yet, that's the last thing we need right now." He fumbled, her arousal and heat scent was strong, and he was not a patient man.

"I love you." She said, waiting for him.

He smiled, shocked. "I love you too."

They spent the night, kissing and rolling around, tightening their bond and sealing their love in a long night of lovemaking. They fell asleep in the early hours of the morning, wrapped in each other's arms, so comfortable and relaxed with each other. That night, Rylan had no nightmares and for the first time in a long time, he felt safe.

So much had happened in the last month, it had gone so quickly, and it felt as though Adeline had been here a lifetime. But holding his mate in his arms, felt so right.

"I love you more." He mumbled, drifting off to sleep. "What a life we have ahead of us."