Chapter Seventeen Danny: FML

I woke up in a very dark and damp room, my head was spinning, and I was hanging on a rope dangling from the ceiling. Then Brey walked in holding a bat and her knives in a rolled up cloth case. She sat her knives on a nearby box, and looked at me like she wanted wipe me off the planet. "So" she started "was killing Justin the only reason you came here." "What" I said in disbelief that she would think I would do something like that then she threw a knife into my left thigh about four inches above the knee. "WHAT THE FUCK" I screamed, she threw one in the same place in my right and two more above them heading towards my crouch area. I felt like both of my legs were on fire I wanted to scream, but I was scared she would throw another knife.

"Did you come here to kill Justin" she asked walking towards me with her bat in hand. I wish I just said that I didn't kill him, but I said "It's not what you think." She hit me in the stomach and knocked the wind out of me, and swung two more times before she started talking again. "Oh really, cause Nick saw you running out of his place and found the bodies" she said matter of factly. She hit me two more times and I was pretty sure a few of my ribs were broken "I didn't kill them" I yelled before she stopped to stretch her arms. "Okay them so it was one of those girls" she replied. I told her that they were just two girls we met earlier that night. She hit me again when Nick walked in and said one word cops. The three of us have a certain distaste of the police since they always seem to mess things up or get in the way. Brey got this spray and cleaned off her bat while Nick pulled the knives out of out of my legs. When he got to the last one he twisted it and said if I said anything that he would not only kill me, but he would make sure that I'd be in extreme pain the entire time I'd be dying. She cleaned off her knives and put them in their case hiding them in a compartment in the floor. Then a swat team burst through the door.

They took me to the hospital where they patched up my leg and gave me some morphine for my three broken ribs. Apparently I started talking about Justin, Mary, and Liz while I was asleep. They arrested me and sat me in a gray interrogation room for a few hours until this guy walked in. He was around five one in his early fifties, he had greyish brown hair and piercing green eyes. "So Mr. Lawson" he started "do you know what those two people wanted" he asked acting like he didn't care. I answered no then he asked if I knew who they are. I said no again and he just nodded his head before asking if I knew a Maryann Hughes. I again said no then he stood up and glared at me "so tell me why we found your DNA in her body." "Well when a man and a woman love each other very much" I started before he shot me a look that forced me to shut up. "So you two slept together" he asked I said yes, and asked other questions concerning how we met and what happened that night and I left in the details.

Then he left the room and this female officer walked in saying that she was here to take my finger prints. She was sort of plain dark brown hair, brown eyes, and in her early thirties. When she took my hand I stood up watching her amazement when she realized I didn't have any. She tried my left hand I wrapped my arms around her a asked her questions like how long she had been working here, her name, what school did she go to, if she liked it, and what else she liked. She eventually asked me to back up and I asked her if she would put me in handcuffs if I didn't then I backed up. "So, were you born yesterday or something" she asked. I told her no then asked if she had ever found a blank slate before me. She said none before today sounding disappointed. "Well can I go, or do I need to sit here for the next two days" I asked. She said no of course and that I shouldn't act like this was a game. "But it's funny that they've arrested the only people who wouldn't kill J and believe me it's a long list" I said. She asked why any I told her that he wasn't the safest person in the world and she said that I wasn't either. Then the guy detective walked back in, whispered something in her ear. And then she left. A few minutes later she walked back in Brey in handcuffs then they both left.

I don't think they knew what they were trying to achieve but that wasn't going to happen. We both stood there silently and very awkwardly until the guy officer walked back in and started to ask us both why she had been beating me up. I said I don't know and Brey just gave him a blank stare, and that just pissed him off. He started yelling at the both of us about how we were both going to jail for the rest of our lives if we didn't tell him something. I said I don't know anything and Brey continued her blank stare. Then he grabbed Brey by her arm and took her out of the room. Then the female officer walked back in and asked me if I wanted to go to prison. I told her no, and then she asked why I wouldn't say anything. I don't know why but I told her that it was a bit above her paygrade, but then she looked hurt and I started feeling bad.

Then the guy officer walked back in pushing nick in there with me and after seeing me. He looked at the guy and asked him if he thought this would really work. After another round of him yelling he pulled Brey back in then started a new approach. "One of you in here ratted the other two out" he started "so it's best for all of you to come clean." Brey continued her blank stare while Nick and I both just laughed. "Well if you don't believe me ask her" he said pointing a Brey, and then Nick laughed even harder. "What, y'all are so close that you don't think she would open her mouth" he said mockingly. Nick just took off his handcuffs and said that they had absolutely nothing. Then he tried to leave the room and was easily stopped. Then there was a knock at the door and both the guy and girl officer left. About twenty minutes later the very grumpy officer came back in and said "you're free to go" Brey took off her handcuffs and the three of us started walking out then he said not you two grabbing Brey's arm. She started cussing him out in sign language and he had the 'oh fuck' face for a full five minutes. Afterwards I said that I wasn't pressing charges pulling Brey out of his grasp and putting my arm around her giving her a little kiss on the cheek.

He was about to give us our stuff when the female officer or detective Mooney asked us to look at a video. It was the video camera in Justin's apartment that was facing the door we watched the four of us walking in to the apartment at that point Brey pushed my arm off her shoulder. Then another person walked in she had black hair, hazel eyes, and olive skin, and eight and a half minutes later she ran out. Then another four minutes and thirty seven seconds later I was sprinting out, and Nick walked in a minute later. I defiantly recognized and I think Nick and Brey did too it was Rebecca Cairn an ex-spy and one of Justin's ex-one night stands. We told them that we had no clue who she was and then the guy officer or detective Harmon finally let us leave. Brey got her truck and Nick's bike from the impound yard then we left. She took me back to my hotel and I asked her if she would like to come up. Then she punched me in the face so hard that I was surprised that I stayed conscious. The next morning the both of them called me and asked if I wanted to go on a little road trip and hang out with Rebecca. I said yes of course was kind of set on a little revenge.