Chapter 3

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar or editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 3

       There was a hard warmth radiating against the side of my body- a smooth, solid, warmth that I tried to cling to with all my might. But my body wouldn't let me. I couldn't move. I couldn't feel any part of me, except for the cold hitting my left side, and that amazing warmth hitting my right.

       I could feel myself being lifted and carried, but no idea to where, but it had to have been far. The warmth had been carrying me for quite a while. As time passed I still couldn't move my body, or open my eyes- but I could hear the sounds of the trees we passed, and the breathing of what I assumed was a person carrying me.

       What happened to me? Why can't I move?

       Where was I?

       I couldn't make my mouth open to voice any of those plaguing questions, and the thought of never being able to move again raced across my mind. My breathing hitched in my chest as that fear hit my heart. Well, maybe hyperventilating was a good sign.

       "Sh, it's okay."

       My panic eased.

       That voice.

       It was beautiful, like the sound of a waterfall you would listen to from a distance, or the dark melody of the creatures of the night. I wanted to hear it over and over again. I wanted those two words replaying in my head for an eternity. I decided the voice belonged to the person carrying me, the one who was so warm it traveled through my whole body.

       It wasn't long before the sleep started to swamp over my shoulders again. The panic started to grow. No! If I sleep I might miss hearing him talk! I couldn't sleep! I couldn't-

       I could barely feel that warm body stop walking, and grip tighter onto my immobile body. I wanted to push further into it, let that warmth flow over my entire being. But the vague sound of angry voices reached my ears, and I tried my hardest to listen before that cloud of sleep over took my mind.

       "What have you done-!"

       I was barely able to make out that one sentence before the voices went to barely-there mumbles. "Give her to me- Healers will help-" The thick arms supporting me squeezed tighter and the body I was pressed against let out a dangerous growl- then more growls surrounded around us. My breath caught in my throat again in fear.

       "She's awake- Give her to the- They can help-"

       "She's awake?"

       I felt my body lift from the warmth that had kept me safe, and the fear of being taking away from that voice I could listen to for hours hit me hard. My chest tightened and the air had a harder time reaching my lungs the minute that warmth I wanted to desperately cling to vanished. I couldn't control my body, and I couldn't stop the hyperventilating the panic brought on. It was gone. That voice, that warmth, it was gone. It wasn't coming back, it left me alone- it left me in danger.

       I needed it-

       "Sh, I'm right here."

       That beautiful voice was in my ears again, and as that warmth surrounded me once more, the hyperventilating stopped. The body curled me tighter into it like I had been asking it to the whole time. "Well, this is a problem-" I heard a voice mumble from the distance as the sleep that wanted to so desperately take over from before finally did.