2. The First Night

James's POV:
I took our pizza box out to the trash along with our empty soda cans. I'm glad Brooke turned out to be such a hottie, but also a little bummed. I can't sleep with her and have her live with me. She doesn't really seem like a "no-strings-attached" kind of girl. And I'm definitely not looking for a relationship right now.

"Hey, do you have any contact solution?" She asked.

"Um, no sorry, I don't wear glasses," I responded. I sat back down on my bed and started studying my plays for the season.

"Dammit, I'm almost out," She sighed.

"Just wear your glasses tomorrow, they look cute on you," I complimented. Awe crap. I can't say things like this. I can't lead her on.

She blushed.

I just want to make out with her. That's it. Then we won't do anything else.

She walked over towards her bed but I had to open my big mouth.

"Come sit with me for a little," I requested. She raised her eyebrows. Dammit.

"Like, on your bed?" She asked.

Well, I couldn't just tell her not to sit on my bed with me after telling her to sit on my bed with me. I had to look smooth.

"Well yeah, we should talk a little. I'll ease your nerves for the first day tomorrow," I suggested, patting an empty spot on my bed.

"Seems like an offer I can't turn up," she smiled cutely as she sat on her knees at the foot of my bed. I moved myself closer to her and sat criss cross facing her.

"What classes do you have tomorrow?" I started by asking.

***

We talked until around one in the morning before she let out a small yawn.

"Brooke?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

I leaned closer to her and she got closer to me. My mind went completely blank as my lips met her's. She pulled back slowly, her cheeks turning a soft pink. Without saying anything else, I snaked my hands around her waist and pulled her body against mine. She let out a cute giggle and continued to kiss me. I put my hand on her warm cheek as she placed her's on my chest. I laid back on my bed to where she was on top of me. My fingertips trailed down to the small of her back, then rested on her upper thigh. She pulled back again and sat up on my stomach.

"Maybe we should get some sleep?" She suggested. I knew in my brain that that was the best idea, but somewhere else in my body had another idea, and I'm not talking about my heart.

"Just one more kiss?" I pleaded. She hesitantly leaned down to give me one more tender kiss. I ran my hands down to her shirt and pulled it up over her head to reveal a black Calvin Klein bra. I smiled to myself and kissed her lips, cheeks, and neck. Her hands fell down my chest and lifted my shirt also. She let out a small gasp as I kissed her shoulders and chest. I rested my hands around her hips and continued kissing her while she arched her back in the most sexy way possible.

"Oh James," she moaned softly. I pulled back.

"Is this okay?" I asked. She nodded slowly.

"It's amazing, but we should stop this time, for real," she laughed a little. I sat up with her still on my lap and my hands still around her lower waist. She put her shirt back on and crawled off as I reluctantly let her go.

I kissed her one last time, knowing I would regret all of this tomorrow.

"Goodnight, Brooke," I whispered. She got tucked into her bed and shut off the light.

"Goodnight, James."

I really hope she is a no-strings-attached kinda girl.

***

The sound of the shower turning on this morning woke me up earlier than I'd like to be up. I heard some girly music emanating from the bathroom and Brooke humming along. I plugged my headphones in and started studying my plays again. My first practice was today and I had to be ready.

Around twenty minutes later, Brooke came out of the bathroom with her hair up in a ponytail, a little bit of make up on, but still in a towel.

"Don't look," she said.

"I can't make any promises," I responded with a wink. She rolled her eyes, grabbed her clothes and walked her pretty self back into the bathroom, dropping her tee shirt on the way, but she didn't realize it.

I heard her slip into her jeans and then I laughed to myself when she yelled out, "Awe crap!" She turned the lock to the bathroom door and walked out in a laced black bra.

I stopped laughing and stared in awe.

"Hey, it's not polite to stare," she teased. I wanted her so bad. But I had to hold back. After last night, nothing else.

"Oh, you just uh... Over by the nightstand, you dropped those too," I motioned towards a pair of matching lace black underwear. I almost drooled.

"Thank god, I thought I was going to have to go commando," she sighed with relief.

"Don't you have any other underwear?" I asked.

"Well yeah, but I like to match," she smirked and walked back into the bathroom, leaving me wanting so much more.

I quickly changed into some jeans and a tee shirt, ran my hands through my hair, and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Can I come in? I have to brush my teeth and stuff," I asked. Brooke opened the door and we both stood in the steamy bathroom together. I wanted to pick her up and just take her right here. No. No I couldn't do that.

We brushed our teeth, making funny faces at each other in the mirror.

Brooke brushed out her hair and grabbed her backpack, I still had thirty minutes until my first class so I went back to studying plays.

"Have a good first day," she smiled as she closed the door behind her.

I fell back on my pillow and let out a dramatic sigh.