Chapter 8

AWKWARD

AWKWARD.

Awkward is used to describe a person or situation, therefore it's an adjective. According to Google 'cause apparently, Google knows everything right? Anyways; according to Google the definitions for awkward are:

1) Causing difficulty; hard to do or deal with.

2) Causing or feeling uneasy embarrassment or inconvenience.

Synonyms for awkward: embarrassing, uncomfortable, unpleasant (You get the picture.)

Awkward is the perfect word to describe everything about this morning. Let me do a little rewinding so that you can understand what I'm talking about.

I'd say that I've been sleeping peacefully, but a certain somebody snored the sleep outta my eyes. Then to make things worse, he tried to wake me up when my body finally gave in and decided to rest.

Don't worry he paid up for it at the end. I'm that kinda person who hates being awakened because if you're close enough I usually attack the person who is foolish enough to wake me up. If only I had known what was about to happen this morning I would've warned this certain somebody.

He shouted, "RISE AND SHINE, SHORTS!"

What did I do?

Good question.

I pounced on him with a right hook straight to the eye, so we landed on the floor together with a loud thud. I didn't feel a thing 'cause he was underneath me. Then he started screaming with his hand to his eye but still had the audacity within him to grab a spray bottle from nearby and spray it in my face.

"You drool," he laughed weakly. More like half laughed and half groaned.

"I drool. You snore. And your point I--ahhhh put me down!"

And he did just that, but this time he was on top of me in a pushup position. Now I saw what he was screaming for less than five minutes ago. I accidentally gave him a black eye, and now he was hovering over me with a swollen eye and a wicked grin.

Awkward.

What freaked me out most was that every second that went by he seemed to have gotten lower until he was down too low. Too low to the point where I could feel his chest on mine and smell his.....Doritos breath?

Who eats Doritos in the morning?

Then his idiocy escalated 'cause he kissed my forehead. The familiarity of our compromising position had me a little over the edge so I kneed him down south.

It was the best defense mechanism that I knew when it came to guys 'cause it always works.

Instead of rolling off of me, he fell on top of me. I'm serious this certain somebody who I'm guessing you figured out by now does the opposite of what he is supposed to do. The boy was as still as the dead. He didn't move neither did he make a sound. Not even a groan.