CHAPTER FIFTEEN

╔═══════════════╗
Fate
Chapter Fifteen
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

{ Paul }

"Slow down, big boy. I'm sure we'll make it to sound check," Ian teased his best friend, who was freaking out about not making it on time. Nat had texted him six times asking where they were, making sure they were still coming. "That's not it. What if I chicken out? I want to get in there before my anxiety blows my head off and I run out of this place like a nutjob!" His words were rushed as he fixed his hair for the umpteenth time that hour. Nina patted his shoulder with a small smile, "Don't worry, Paul. We'll make sure you get in there. Now, stop running before you get pit stains." He involuntarily lifted his arms, making sure sweat didn't stain his grey t shirt. He dressed casually in a grey tee with loose blue jeans and Nike shoes. He didn't want to look as if he was trying too hard, right?

"Oh my, God! I hear them!" Kat screeched, grabbing Nina's hand as she jogged toward the entrance. Daniel, Michael, and Joseph were strolling along, all talking about the night ahead. They had planned to get drinks after with the girls and Joseph was kind of nervous. He had a massive crush on Payton, who slid so deep into his heart he felt as if she lived there. "Ian!" Paul heaved, nervousness knocking the breath out of him. He was terrified to say the least. Ian wrapped an arm around his friend, his lips twitching into that smirk he always wore. "Let's go get your girl, alright?" He continued to pull Paul along as the girls' voices began to talk over the speakers. They all had such interesting accents, some words were hardly recognizable. That's when he heard Charlotte's voice. "This place is empty, ladies–"

"Oh, hogwash. Just wait," Payton hummed.

"Nina!" Nat yelled.

"Oh my, God. I feel like a little girl getting her first coloring book."

Paul rounded the corner of the stadium and began walking down the stairs when he heard the girls sing. Charlotte wasn't in costume yet. Her hair was curled loosely and tied in a messy, low ponytail. She wore these fishnet tights and a hoodie over it, the hoodie stopping about mid thigh. "Boy, don't you know you set the tone," Charlotte sang magically. Paul was awestruck. Of course he had listened to all of their albums and their performances on BBC Radio1 and other places, but nothing was like this. He was actually in the same room as Charlotte, listening to her strong vocals traveling through the half empty arena. Goosebumps raised on his arms, his jaw dropping in amazement. "Better pick that chin up before you catch flies," Ian commented as he moved around his best friend, followed by the three Stooges.

Charlotte bursted into a fit of laughter as Nat and Payton goofed off on stage, Samantha typing away on her phone. The sound of her laugh made Paul's heart leap out his chest. With many words of encouragement, he continued down the steps, only to be stopped by a screaming fan. Upon hearing his name, Charlie's head whipped around and there he was. Paul Wesley was standing in the arena, the same arena she was performing at. "Pawel!" she cheered, causing most of the girls in the audience to cheer and giggle. He waved shyly at the South Shields girl, completely struck by fear. Tonight was going to be the longest night of his life.

After sound check, the girls and the TVD cast all went back stage to talk as the singers got ready for the concert. The two refused to speak to each other, both scared for their lives. "So, sound check was amazing. You totally rocked Boy, Charlie. Righg, Paul?" Nina pushed, causing both of their cheeks to heat up. "Y-Yeah. Totally," he responded. Charlie's cheeks got redder as she avoided his eyes, her hair stylist wrapping her gray hair over the curling iron. "Bloody hell!" Payton shouted, startling Joseph beside her. "Just talk to him, you git." Charlotte glared at her friend before turning to Paul. "Could I get a selfie with you?" she asked, causing the actor's cheeks to redden. "Of course. Yeah."