Part 1

Hello,

I know you might be wondering why I started a new story rather than finishing my ongoing ones. The reason is today is very special day to me as it is my birthday so wanted to post something to make you all happy. As I couldn't get time these days to write the next update for my ongoing ones, I'm posting this short story which i have written long back. My hands are itching since evening to write something so can't stop myself from posting this story after proofreading :P :P.

Please do read and let me know. Don't worry this is a short story, I have already written half of it and hopefully will complete the remaining in less than 10 days :D:D.

Hope you enjoy reading this story too!

I would like to dedicate this story to my friend nithu (ImOriginal) for being so supportive, not only regarding writing but also being there for me whenever i need someone to share my feelings. Love you dear :).

Btw this story cover was made by her long back may be around nov'16 when i discussed this plot with her. Thanks for this too dear, now after reading the story if you want to make another one I don't mind :P

***********************************************************

"Please do this one thing for me" begged Vivek.

"I can't, Vivek. Please understand." pleaded Anand holding Vivek's shivering hands.

"I beg you, Anand. Marry my sister and protect her. "

"Please Vivek, I promise you that I will protect your sister but I can't marry her. "said Anand helplessly.

"Think this as my last wish and marry my sister, please" said Vivek with tears in his eyes.

"Shut up, nothing will happen to you." shouted Anand controlling the tears that were ready to fall from his eyes.

"I'm stating the truth Anand. I know that I can't survive this time."

Suddenly the door opened and his sister came running to him crying.

"Don't leave me alone, bhai" begged his sister with tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Shhh.... Don't cry, you know that I can't tolerate your tears." said Vivek weakly.

"Then don't leave me, Bhai. I won't cry ever."

Without replying to his sister's plead, Vivek's grabbed his sister's hand and placed it in Anand's hand. Holding their hands together, he looked at Anand with teary eyes.

"She is your responsibility now, please marry my sister." said Vivek out of breath.

"Vivek, hold on...doctor...doctor." shouted Anand

"Ma.... rr.... y.... her." Saying that Vivek took his last breath.

"No...." shouted Anand waking up from his sleep.

"Anand, are you alright?" asked Sudheer worriedly from the middle berth.

"Yeah, I'm good. "replied Anand from the lower berth, wiping the sweat beads formed on his forehead.

"Bad dream?"

"Kind off"

"Don't worry. Drink some water and go to sleep."

"Yeah, you go to sleep. Sorry for disturbing you."

"No problem, good night"

"Good night"