Part 24

**Flashback**

"James.. please stay..tonight.." I said nervously.

"Why? Why do you care? Where was your concern when you left my place to live here? Please stop your fake care and leave me alone." He said angrily.

His knuckles were still covered in blood.

Why do you care?

Leave him Liza...

You are again doing the same mistake..

I nodded and left the car with a heavy heart.

Why God? Why do I love him?

I went straight to the elevator without looking back.

**Part 24**
*****
*****

"hey mama! I am coming home." I said to my mother on the other line.

"That's great sweety. When are you coming?" She asked excitedly.

"By tomorrow. I need to pack my things now."

"Sure. See you tomorrow. Take care. Bye."

"Bye mama."

I smiled and put the phone on the table.

As I got a leave for a week from the office, I decided to go to my home.

The building was going through some technical issues so we got a week leave.

I was very glad because I haven't visited my parents for a long time.

*****

I rang the bell and waited for a while when my father opened the door with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey darling you have become more beautiful." He said smiling and I blushed at his comment.

He always complimented me regardless of how I actually looked.

"Thank you dad." We entered to the hall room and my mother came with a tray in her hand.

"But you are looking weak dad. Are you sick?"

"No I am extremely fine." He said with a proud smile.

"Yes he is extremely fine, he is only suffering from a heart disease and diabetes." My mother kept the tray on the table with a thud.

"You didn't have to tell her about this." My father spoke in an irritating voice.

"Why not? You are hiding this since a long from her." My mother said in the same tone.

"Dad? Why?" I asked feeling a tug at my heart.

"I was not wanting you to feel sad by knowing it and I knew you would have been keep concerning about me."

"Dad, I care about you. You two are the only hope of mine. Why did..."

"Yes I know. But we will not be here with you forever Liz. We are getting old and your mother kept on nagging at me to make you understand that you should have a life of your own, a family of your own, a hope in life after our death..."

"Stop it dad. Why are you telling this now..." I started crying.

"It's the truth Liza. But I'm really sorry I shouldn't have started all this discussion right now. Please take some rest." My mother said patting my head lovingly.

I nodded and went to my room.

I shouldn't have come here..

Don't be selfish Liz, you hardly come to see your parents.