THREE

"I was born with the devil in me. I could not help the fact that I was a murderer, no more than the poet can help the inspiration to sing...I was born with the evil one standing as my sponsor beside the bed where I was ushered into the world, and he has been with me since."

- H.H Holmes (The American Ripper)

THREE

Frank said he would highlight the file with specific details for me. He had asked me to take more water and clear my head before I opened it. He had told me that I could leave whenever I wanted. I had to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) before I could continue to the next stage of the interview.

STOCKHOLM CORRECTION CENTRE FOR THE DAMNED.
FILE NUMBER: 03340993
PRISONER NUMBER: 143

NAME: BANSHEE

"The name Banshee originated from the manner in which he handled his victims. After a gruesome murder, he would wail and sob, clutching the bodies in his arms. His violent cries could be heard from a long distance and each time, the police was called due to the noise. But whenever they arrived, he would have fleed."

GIVEN/BIRTH NAME: NICHOLAS DEMENTIA

HEIGHT: 6'5

WEIGHT: 190LBS - last weighed on June 2011.

DOB: 25/12/1982 - Aged 34 years old.

"Banshee beat to near death the last guard who had tried to touch him which is why he was last weighed in 2011. He does not like to be touched. You are to keep your hands to yourself and maintain a distance. Protocols would be taken, however, to keep him fastened and away from you. There would be a thick wall of glass between the both of you."

PROMINENT FEATURE: JAGGED TEETH

"Banshee used to grind his teeth while he sobbed, he has caused permanent damage to his dentition. Your are advised to make no comments about his physical appearance. We have not done so but fear the consequences."

JAILED: 24/12/2002

"Originally arrested in 2001 when he turned himself in, he has been confined for 12 years. He is one of our Stockholm's long term prisoners."

RELEASE DATE: DEATH PENALTY (TBD)

CRIMES COMMITTED:

- The death of Maximilian T. Fisher, aged 22.
- The death of Camilla Rose T. Fisher, aged 26.
- The death of Winston Lewis T. Fisher, aged 9.
- The death of Amarni Hope T. Fisher, aged 4.
- The death of Frank Morris, aged 41.
- The death of J.J Cooper, aged 32.
- The death of Jose Sanchez, aged 15.
- The death of Samrat Ashraf, aged 41.
- The death of Mike Himnovich, aged 62.
- The death of Drew Smith, aged 24.
- The death of Umari Ada, aged 33.
- The death of Xiaomen Hyung, aged 21
- The death of Wendy Hyung,
aged unknown - body unrecognisable.
- The death of Ndidi Ada, aged 12.
- The death of Edward James Novak, 32.
- The death of Lorraine Dementia, aged 51.

"There are at least 28 more victims to be listed. The remaining victims families requested for their names to be removed from his file. If I had someone I loved murdered, I'd also keep their names far away from this fucker. He's already taken their bodies."

MURDER TYPE: Varied.

"He was unbelievably gruesome. He burned, stabbed, ripped, strangled, cornered, bruised, drowned, shot them. It differed each time.

CRIMES COMMITED CONT'D:
- Petty Theft.
- Physical assault.

"Banshee has failed to match the records from FBI profiling. He fails to be classified into a disorganised or organised offender as his motives and methods differ with each scenario. He strayed from tradition and there seems to be no clear motive. Often, killers murder from a specific race or gender but Banshee is reckless. He killed men, women and children from any race."

"There have been no books or media representation of Banshee (Nicholas Dementia) because the state has removed his records from public eye. His crimes are secured within an NDA. He pleaded guilty for all cold blooded murders, petty theft and physical assault."

IMAGES:

Images of pale and cold bodies of children, women and men were pasted on a collage in the next few pages. Before I had realised what I was looking at, I could already see the bloodied fingers of a child clamped around a teddy bear, his face was twisted into an empty scream and his eyes were open, the irises white with fear. I noticed the bones of his neck jutting out in terrifying angles and that was when realised that his head was facing the wrong direction. Beside him was a woman I assumed was his mother, she was sat in a pool of her own blood, her throat slit in a clean slice. Her eyes were closed, or were they open? Her eyeballs seemed to be missing, blood congealed at the edges. And then sitting before them was a man, his father, strapped to a chair, the wire used to strangle him still hooked around his swollen, bruised neck. He had been made to watch his family's murder.

I flipped the page quickly to remove the image of my mind. But there lay, more pictures.

The second image revealed a balding man wearing a jogging outfit lying on the side of a road. There were police tapes circling his body. His upper body seemed fine, aside from the cold and rubbery texture his skin was. However, his legs had been bent and beaten out of shape. His knees were snapped back behind him, as though he was kneeling in the wrong direction. A mess of torn flesh, congealed blood and protruding bones was all that was left of his lower body. His hands were lifted, as if he had died fighting for his life and I couldn't see his face but there was a  halo of blood surrounding his head. He had suffered.

   There were pages and pages of more horrifying imagery and I slammed the file shut.

Frank had been watching me, seemingly unemotional. "Do not let him manipulate you, Aria, he is a psychopath."

I pushed back from the table to heave into a flower pot in the corner of the room.

Curiosity had killed my cat again.

___

Didn't they say that cats have nine lives?

Don't forget to vote, comment and leave feedback!