Seven: The depressed bishounen

^^^Valrea Academy of Magic and Swordsmanship

After a day or so of travelling along with the help of wind magic, I arrived at the academy. It was large and very, very beautiful. What caught my attention would have had what have to have definitely been the large turquoise dome. From my previous knowledge, I deducted that this was the main hall where ceremonies and non-destructive school events were often held.

Luckily for us, we arrived in the major horde of small ten year-olds who had come to join the prestigious school. They were all wearing the red and blue uniforms, some messy while others were neatly done.

Actually, scratch what I just said—apparently I had become some sort of exhibit. After thanking the coachman and grabbing my luggage (which was only there to be less suspicious) I looked around. Girls and boys alike stared at me, both elders and youngsters. My already flushed cheeks turned a brighter red and I speedily walked forward.

I heard a few gasps.

"Isn't that Princess Amaryllis of Argonda? I thought she was too fragile to come to school..."

"She's so pretty, why can't I be like that?"

"They say she's a once in a million years genius, blessed with high magical aptitude and a photographic memory but in return, God gave her a really weak body. Poor girl, she doesn't seem very comfortable being here." The pity-filled comment came from a mother of one of the children.

The gossip continued as I made my way to the office. Unlike others, I would rather directly get my room number instead of waiting till afterwards like many new students often did. It would make this simpler for me, that and I am transferring after the recommended age of entrance.

As soon as I stepped a leather-clad foot in, everyone froze. They just stared at me and I realised some of their cheeks were flushed. In greeting, I smiled brightly. "Hi there! My name Amaryllis Fleur de Kusteza, I'm here to get my room number. I'm meant to be in my third year."

The woman at the front desk nodded, quickly searching up my information on the crystal database--a certain sort of carefully magic-embedded crystal that could sort information much like a computer.

Her red lips pulled into a frown as she looked at what popped out and a paper was printed out. She then handed me the page containing the information.

Name: Amaryllis Aster Fleur De Kusteza

Age: 12

Gender: Female

Grade: 3

Room: Dorm 3, Room 215 

Class: Z

This was something I noticed quickly. I had read about the class system at this school, each class contained 30 students, the names ranging from A (the lowest) to Z (the highest). I guess they put me in the top class...

Wait, this is the class the heroine and all the harem members were in! No, no no! This is bad... This will mean almost certain death, I'm sure! A death flag will be raised, all females in Class Z were executed but the end of the game.

"Excuse me, Miss, is it possible to change classes?" She stared down at me in shock before her face turned a bright red and she shook her head.

Her voice appeared calm and collected to most but I could feel the underlying tone of shock. "No Princess, the classes are not changeable, I am extremely sorry." 

My lips were pulled into a frown but I still displayed proper etiquette, saying thank you before leaving. At least that snake wasn't her to 'teach' me.

I had memorised a map of the entire school on the way here and used it to navigate my way to my room. The dorms seemed rather extravagant, all doors about three metres tall with carvings of many different creatures and sceneries in the dark polished wood.

On one side of the dormitory halls were large, cathedral-like windows. They allowed a spectacular view of the ocean and all of them contained small window-seats for all those who wished to sit there.

In the middle of the long hallway, three huge stone pillars sat. Behind them was a whitish stairway, leading to the other floors of stairs. This dormitory was extremely beautiful, adding to the school's title of number one throughout the world. It was amazing on how much they had and how extravagant they made it.

I went up to the second level, finding room 215.

There it sat, a dragon, unicorn and phoenix in a beautiful fantasy setting were carved into the dark wooden door. It was beautiful yet displayed an elegance and imposing manner. It kind of reminded me of my room at home, except it was not painted a gleaming and fresh white instead opting to be a much more earthy brown.

Opening the door, I smiled. It was a really nice room, suiting my standards and tastes.

^^^The room (obviously a bit different but this is the general look)

I walked forward towards the two large walk-in-robes and opening both before going towards the empty one. All my luggage suddenly appeared on the floor and with a small wave of my hand, wind magic was unfolding and carrying each place to its respective position.

The work was soon done and I smiled once again. There, everything was neat and organised.

Walking out of the now full wardrobe, books in the hundreds appeared stacked before me. Magic once again came in handy as it filled up the floor-to-ceiling empty bookshelves. Books on magic, history, creatures, fairy tales and fiction filled every available spot. Each belonged to a category, all in alphabetical order.

With this done and all my items unpacked, I made a cup of tea before going for a walk around the school.

Soon, I came across a very beautiful garden.

And in that garden, on a quartz bench, a handsome blue-haired boy lay depressingly.

^^^The garden

~~*~~

Whoop whoop, it's the fifth chapter today. It honestly takes me just under an hour to write a chapter I've worked out (yay).

And here our dearest Amaryllis will now gain another harem member, it's taken four (or five?) chapters for a real new member to appear but here he is.

We're also going to be meeting the heroine very soon (no thanks).