Chapter 18 - Winning Her Back

*Stuart's POV*

With determination to end my agreement with Kaz, I went out of Patricia's hospital room to talk to him. I don't care if this sounds gay or desperate but I am now letting my guard down for Patricia. I can only do it for her, for my love for her. I have never accepted defeat in any bet that I get in to but I won't hold on to my pride when it comes to Patricia.

"Stop what you are doing," I started, "I no longer want Patricia to stay away from me."

"What if I won't stop?"

My hands formed a fist when I heard him. Why won't he stop?

"I am no longer doing this for you, Stuart," he continued, "I am doing this for myself because I love Patricia."

"D@mn you!" I pushed him to the wall. Is this the reason why he made sure he'd bed Patricia?

"Fvck you!" he answered while his punch landed on my face.

Kaz is my friend and I do not want to hurt him but I cannot let him take Patricia from me. Since I know how important his image is, I decided to hit him on his stomach. He fell on the floor but he immediately kicked me so I also fell on the floor. We continue to fight until Roger tried to stop us. I was about to hit Kaz when Roger used himself as shield but what stopped us is the gay-like scream of Roger which echoed in the hall.

In an instant, my eyes met Kaz's and for no particular reason, we both blurted out a laugh.

"You have blood on your lips, man," Kaz jokingly said.

"You really hit me, man," I wiped my lip while extending a hand to him to help him stand.

"So what now?" he said, "I am more handsome than you because you have a bruise on your face."

"Don't be a fool," I answered, "remember that Patricia fell for this fierce face."

"But she always run to my angelic face," he immediately replied.

"I am not backing out, Kaz. I am going to win Patricia back," I was smiling but I meant what I said.

"For as long as Patricia does not drive me away," Kaz warned, "I am going to face your challenge."

"You two are crazy!" Roger said angrily, "Aist! Kaz, you better come with me. The police are waiting outside to get your statement about the accident."

"So what now? I guess tonight is mine," I jokingly said.

"Don't feel relaxed, Stuart," he warned me before leaving.

*Patricia's POV*

I quietly sat next to Stuart in the car while still thinking about what had just happened. I never thought I would just easily let him kiss me in the hospital. I have been telling myself to keep my guard but why can't I resist him? I do not want to have false hopes. I do not want to believe that there is love in his words and in his actions. I do not want to commit the same mistake that I had before. What if he was just concerned but he never really loved me? Should I let him hurt me again?

"Are you hungry?" he broke our silence.

"Huh?" it was like he commanded my stomach to feel hungry because it sounded in an instant. I didn't have to answer him because I think he heard the complaint of my stomach.

'What are you doing, Stuart? Why are you sending signals that would give me false hopes?' I thought as I watched him mindlessly smiling while driving.

"What?" I was brought back to my senses when he blurted that question.

"Huh?"

"Why are you staring at me? What do you want?" he asked again.