Awakening Part 1

Selena felt the dry leaves give way beneath her as she propelled her body through the underbrush. The muscles of her taunt body contracted and released ina seductive rhythm as her strong legs hit their stride. Selena knew these woods. She had run through these trees as a girl. Now her senses were flooded with the sounds and scents of the forest as she had never perceived them before.

The blood roared in her ears and she felt a wild hunger growing within her body - a hunger to consume and be consumed.  

Animal kindred rustled around her amid the pungent aroma of pine and witch hazel.  

Gradually Selena became aware of a new scent on the night breeze, something warm and musky, mixed with the fragrance of leather and smoke. Selena felt warmth spread through her chest as she inhaled the intoxicating smell and she involuntarily stretched her body forward into her stride, craving the scent.  

Misty clouds obscured the moon above, diffusing its silver light, as Selena arrived in a small clearing. Slowing her pace, Selena stepped forward and raised her golden eyes to the sky above, soaking in a power that has long been associated with the feminine and mysterious. The sensual fragrance was all around her now and the scent of the woods slipped from her consciousness.  

Selena closed her eyes and felt her body begin to elongate, slowly returning to its human form. The full range of color returned to her sight and her claws regressed. Soft black fur gave way to a curtain of flowing ebony hair, cascading below her shoulders, nearly covering her naked breasts. 

Carried on the night wind she heard a deep, masculine voice speaking her name - slowly, coaxingly, like a man arousing his lover from sleep. The voice carried with it an almost hypnotic power, awakening something within her that she could not resist. 

With her eyes still closed, Selena let her head fall back as the heat began to pool between her thighs. As if in a trance, Selena traced her finger tipsover her tingling flesh, lightly brushing her nipples and tracing a lingering path toward her wetness.

Her fingers reached the soft hair that covered her sex and gently traced her core, feeling her desire build as the voice continued to call her name. A soft moan escaped her lips and she began to imagine that she was being watched from the depths of the woods.

Sky blue eyes floated into her mind as her fingers quickened their pace - moving with sensuous strokes overher heat, teasing the swollen flesh of her clit. She arched her back, imagining the blue eyes watching her beneath the moon, as one hand drifted toward her breasts.

A louder moan escaped her lips as she dipped a finger into her wetness, losing herself in a sound of the voice that spoke her name, imagining his hands on her body, wondering if he could tame the animal that possessed her.

The delicious ache built beneath her navel, rushing her toward her climax as the wetness flowed over her swirling fingers. Her hips began to undulate against her hand and she pushed herself over the brink, crying out in the night and dropping to her knees.

***

Selena jolted awake in her bed, a sheen of sweat covered her skin and the wetness from her dream still lingered between her thighs. The sun streamed through her bedroom window and she apprehensively looked to the clock on her nightstand. She blinked in disbelief at the digital display that read 10:46am. 

Perhaps the clock is wrong.....Certainly someone would have called. This isn't happening again. 

She tapped the home button on her cell phone and her fears were confirmed. The time was now 10:47am and, according to her notifications, she had 6 missed calls.  

With her phone still clutched in her hand, Selena jumped from her bed in a flurry of flying comforters, stumbling over a plush accent rug and swearing under her breath.  

With a guilty look at her shower, Selena hastily changed into clean underwear and misted herself with cherry body spray. She dressed, brushed her teeth and applied mascara in less than five minutes and dashed for the door, scooping her purse from a wall hook as she ran. 

If only Icould get ready this fast when I'm not afraid I'll get fired

Eighteen minutes later, Selena pulled into the parking lot at Victoria Publishing and sprinted for the glass double doors.

She had first arrived at the publishing company as a sophomore in college, serving as a marketing intern for its contemporary romance imprint, Torrid. She had implemented social media promotion, planned events, met new authors, and loved every moment of her job. Five years later, she was an associate director of marketing and, until recently, appeared to have her life together.

Pausing on the sidewalk to smooth her hair and tug on her khaki blazer, she entered the lobby and braced herself for whatever was to come.

_______

I really hope that you like my story, so far. Please feel free to vote and comment - I really look forward to connecting with you!