11 | tell all

________________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

________________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

________________________

THE SUN ROSE to the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee, the scent of ground beans filling the air to signal that morning had woken. Dark liquid swirled into a white mug, a plume of steam coiling up to the ceiling that Adele breathed in, filling her lungs with the tantalising smell of Arabica. Eyes closed, she held the mug up to her nose and inhaled deeply, tucking her feet up under herself as she dropped down into the armchair with a heavy breath. Her home didn't feel like her own anymore.

For a few precious minutes, she was alone. There was no-one to bother her; no-one asking; no-one pressuring her to be anyone but herself. That was how she had lived for seven years and she wasn't ready to give up that life just yet: she was used to her own company. She wasn't used to everybody else's.

When she heard footsteps in the hallway, she kept her eyes closed until she felt a hand brush her shoulder, the lightest touch. Her skin tingled, heat spreading to her heart and down to her toes.

"Good morning," Caleb said. It had taken a little bit of explanation to get him to understand that it was just a standard greeting at the beginning of the day, regardless of how good the morning actually was.

"Morning," she said, opening her eyes at last, and she laughed. "Hey, you remembered to put pants on!"

"I did," he said. He looked down at the pot of coffee Adele had made and he dipped his finger into it, sharply pulling away when it burnt him. "Ainslie said it makes her uncomfortable if I don't wear clothes."

"I've been telling you for a week to wear clothes," Adele said, rolling her eyes. "How come you listen to Ainslie?"

"Because I don't want to make her uncomfortable," he said. "You never said why to wear clothes. You just said to do it."

Adele paused for a moment. "Ok, fair play to you," she said. "You can have some coffee if you want. Have you ever had it?"

He shook his head. She held out her mug to him.