Chapter 4

He held nothing back this time.

Elizabeth tasted the desperation on his lips, felt it in the frantic way his hands smoothed down her back, grasping her bottom and kneading its flesh as he pulled her flush against his body. She could only cling to him, opening her mouth and submitting eagerly to the flood of his passion. His kisses trailed down her neck as he arched her body to demand access. Clinging to him was a matter of necessity; only his strength kept her balanced.

"I am mad," he said, nipping at her neck. "A man starved. Lizzy, tell me if I need to be gentle."

Gentle? There was no such sacrilege on her mind. She needed him to abandon control, to submit to her as he demanded she do for him.

"Just love me," she said.

He turned her in his arms, the hardness of him pressed into the curve of her bottom and his hands roved up her torso to cup her already swollen breasts. As his hands plunged inside her neckline, they tingled, nipples hardening in response. He lifted her flesh, toying with her as a low moan escaped her throat.

"I have missed that sound, sweet Lizzy," he said in her ear, a deep sultry tone to his voice.

She gasped as he plucked her nipples. "You have only yourself to blame."

"I plan on rectifying my mistake presently."

He pushed her forward, an arm around her waist so she did not stumble, but half shuffled towards the cot where she tumbled onto her hands and knees, looking over her shoulder eagerly to meet the glittering, devilish eyes of her husband. His hands trailed over her body and he shook his head.

"No, no if I take you this way, it will be over too soon. Turn around, Miss Bennet."

Elizabeth bit her lip and obeyed, sitting on the edge of the cot. He knelt in front of her, eyes trained on hers, a smirk on his lips as he rolled her skirts up her thighs, pushing her apart so her swollen nether region would be exposed to him.

"I have not tasted such honey in months," Darcy said, "and I do so enjoy sweets."

Her head lolled on her neck as his lips and tongue worshipped her body, playing with her nubbin of pleasure, moving even lower to sample her fully. Her hips bucked, and Darcy held her still with ruthless strength, bringing her to pleasure.

Elizabeth cried out, entire body tense from the sudden rush of relief. But despite the sample of heaven, she needed more.

"Darcy, do not deny me."

He laughed. "Deny you?" He pushed her back onto the bed, climbing up her body with strength and sinuous grace. His hands were on her bodice and she feared for a moment he would rip it off her. "I have no such plans, Miss Bennet. I plan on exacting each month of my deprivation from your body before the night is over."

She did not bother to retort that the deprivation was all his fault and none of hers but she could barely think at all, much less maintain any semblance of dignity, her hands reaching for him in obvious entreaty for more.

But . . . "Why do you keep calling me Miss Bennet?"

He smirked, white teeth flashing. "You will be Mrs. Darcy in the morning. For now, you are my Miss Bennet, and I will thoroughly ravish you."

"So you say, however you have not ceased speaking." If he wished to play act this as some illicit liaison, she would not gainsay him. They had not anticipated their wedding vows and perhaps some rakish part of him regretted that fact. Whether or not she forgave him for his mean words would depend on the quality of his apology.