Chapter 6: One Last Dance?

You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life.
~Jiddu Krishnamurti~

Popping down the old hotel mattress Stiles let out a sigh causing Spencer to look up at him with a raised eyebrow. Stiles did this quite frequently after working long nights.

Noticing Spencer's expression Stiles stuck his tongue out at him playfully. This sent the couple into a fit of giggles.

Spencer got up from the chair he was settled in smiling a warm smile and artfully lay down on the bed beside Stiles. Looking over at his husband Spencer lightly brush Stiles hair out of his face and said, "I love you, Stiles."

Stiles smiled goofy at his husband, "I know. I love you too."
~~~
The pack was plotting or at least Scott was. Being the alpha the others followed and even though they didn't hold anything against Stiles they still for a tad bit angry with him for reasons unknown.

Lydia finding the body really help them out, because now they were part of the investigation and knowing the sheriff they could probably talk the old man into letting them help. Kira watched her boyfriend pace plotting revenge against a guy that was once his best friend. She felt a deep sorrow in her soul because of this. She had never gotten to know Stiles that well because by the time she was fully a part of the pack they had distanced themselves from him. Not that that was any of his faults.

Kira didn't feel any anger at Stiles, she was actually happy for him. The anger that she did feel was coming from her bond for Scott. She was more in control now than she ever was in her teen years. In some ways, she felt more connected with nature and could sense that Stiles was actually happy.

She herself knew that being happy was what really mattered and Scott being so angry wasn't healthy in the least. He had been falling apart for years. She looked around the pack; Derek stood off in the corner of the room with a concerned look on his face. He had been thinking about leaving the pack for some time now, but he thought it was his responsibility to take care of the pack seeing as he helped create it.

Next with Liam he also barely had known Stiles, but also was very close to Scott and felt his emotions more clearly than some of the others did. She saw he was confused at why he was so angry at Stiles.

Setting close to him was Malia, she was confused on why Stiles was back and her anger was her own. In her mind, he had left her, but in reality, it was she that left him. After he had left she went back to her animal-like nature.

Lydia was after she almost looked bored. She found the body, her job was done in her mind, but at the same time, she was angry at Stiles for no longer pining for her. Outside of school, she had never had the satisfaction of having all eyes on her and she once had.

Parrish was here surprisingly he had basically left the Pack. Sighing she looked at her pack as a whole. There are a few others in the pack, but they basically never knew Stiles and only hated him because of Scott.

Kira couldn't help, but think that they would all be better off working together to find the serial killer that was hunting their town than sitting around plotting about an old friend. But that was just her opinion.
~~~
That night was a long and cold one. Stiles and Spencer alike didn't sleep a wink it felt like. They talked a lot like they did when they were first dating they talked about everything from past memories to their favorite way to eat eggs. They talk about the moon and the stars and how they planned their futures as children. It wasn't a happy night, but not a bad one either. They feel the pressure of the case, but knew they couldn't let it overwhelm them.

In the midst of the night Stiles jumped up and said, "Dance with me!" and he had a devilish grin.

Spencer, he couldn't help himself from chuckling before getting up and taking his husband's hands. This wasn't the first time Stiles had randomly just wanted to dance nor would it be the last time. So, they danced to a beat that was purely their own.

As they laid back down seemly tired Spencer asked, "Would you tell me a story?"

Stiles smiled. It was a smile that only his husband had ever seen his eyes flooded with light. Stiles began, "There once was a beautiful queen who soul was pure as the morning sun. She would dance with the young prince every night before sending him off the bed. No one knew, but in the queen's pure soul a darkness began to grow. One day she couldn't dance with the prince anymore. Soon the end of the queen came this caused the noble king to take the prince and raise him well. They faced many hardships in the kingdom but survived. The prince grew fast and soon it was time for him to leave the kingdom. The prince found another prince on his travels. And in time they began to dance together as the queen and the young prince had one did. The end."

By the time Stiles finished his childish story Spencer was fast sleep and Stiles soon followed him. They met again to dance together in their dreams something that only true soulmates could do. All to quickly morning came and our heroes awoke.