Epilogue

Epilogue

Kaiser Donovan

I pressed the point of the freshly sharpened pencil against the blank page and dragged it across. I looked at the line that I had drew and sighed.

Ms. McCain had suggested that I start drawing again. It used to be my favorite thing to do but I hadn't been doing in as much in a while.

I stared at the line, imaging all the things that it could become if I could just find the will, the energy to continue the drawing. I lifted the pencil again.

My recovery had been going exceptionally better. August had been a great distration from my problems and was really helping me get better. I smiled at the thought of him. He really was helping.

I looked out of my bedroom window. The street was empty, it was quiet and dark - all normal things for my neighborhood. But it was unfortunate today. I wanted to have something happen, to get some inspiration, some motivation.

As if it was cued, I heard the doorbell ring. It was loud enough to be heard up here. I looked out the window but whoever was at the door had already passed the area of the front yard that I could see.

The first thought that came to my mind was one that made me want to puke. What if it was something insane like before? What if it was a body or a note? I attempted to shake the thought out of my head. It was just like me to remember things like this when things were going so well.

I closed my eyes and balled my fist when I realized that I had been hyperventilating. I straightened the drawing pad on my desk and set the pencil next to it before heading to my bedroom door.

I slightly opened it. I watched as my dad walked up to the door. He looked through the peep home before opening the door. I couldn't see who it was but whoever it was, they didn't seem dangerous.

I let out a breath that I didn't realize that I was holding.

"Kai!" My dad yelled, making me jump a little, "It's for you."

I opened the door and stepped out. I went to the front door. It was August. He had a sign that said, "Will."

After a second or two, he dropped that sign. The next one said, "You."

The next said, "Go."

The next said, "To. "

The next said, "Spring Formal."

A smile spread across my face as he continued.

"With me? " he said the last line.

I bit my lip, looking at the worried look on August's face. I laughed a little as sweat appeared on his brow. I smiled again, opening the door all the way. I walked all the way up to him, a wave of confindence hitting me.

"Yes," I said softly, "I would love to go with you." I said stronger, the longest sentence I'd said in years.

He dropped the signs and picked me up, twirling me around.

"He said yes?" Someone yelled from the car.

I turned in that direction and saw August's dad and April, watching intently. His dad was hanging out of the door, waiting for an answer.

"Dad! You're supposed to stay in the car!" August yelled obviously embarrassed, making me laugh a little.

"We wouldn't be here if you could be trusted to do this on your own." April said, peeking her head out of the car window.

"I'm assuming he said yes?" His dad continued.

"Yes, dad. He said yes. Now please, get back into the car." August pleaded.

"Okay. Okay," his dad muttered, climbing back in, "After all the work I put into this, you'd think that I'm allowed to ask how it went."

August sighed, looking back to me and realizing that he was still holding me from the twirl. He apologized and let me go.

I shook my head, "It's okay."

He stood across from me with his hands in his pockets. I had mine across my chest, looking at the ground.

"So, you're sure about this?" August asked.

I nodded, unable to form words.

He beamed but quickly reduced it. It made me laugh.

"You're laughing a lot tonight. This was a very nerve wrecking ordeal for me." He said.

I smiled, looking up at him.

"Sorry." My sentence answers reemerged.

He looked at me while I looked at him. It was like the end of every cheesy romantic comedy. We stared into each others eyes and the rest of the world melted away.

"Kiss him already!" August's dad yelled.

It made me slightly jump. I looked towards him and April. She dramatically wiped her eyes, which I found hilarious. I looked back towards my own father, who had his camera out recording us.

"Oh God." I said when I saw.

I laid my head against August's chest, trying to hide the blush that appeared on my checks. We stayed there for a minute or two until August stepped back. I lifted my head to look at him and was met with his lips on me.

I froze at first. It was weird, being in a kiss that I actually enjoyed. One were my negative thoughts hadn't taken over. It was amazing. I kissed him back, slightly shocking him but quickly recovered. I enjoyed the kiss. At least, I was until I remembered that my father was recording us and that August's family was watching. I slowly pulled away, slightly out of breath.

"So I'll see you at school?"

"Okay." I said shortly.

I watched him walk away and get into the car. I waved goodbye. I turned back to my door and saw my dad standing there with teary eyes.

I laughed aloud, "Dad!"

"I just have such a great son. I wanted to remember the moment." He quickly defended himself.

I pushed passed him and rushed to my room as my blush got deeper, all while listening to my dad laughing. I was really getting tired of this.

God, was being a normal tennager really this cringy?

*******
El Fin!

It Is Finally Over. Thank You For Sticking It Out With Me For This Long. I Know That It Has Been Long. I Jad To End You Guys With A Double Update.

I Was Wondering: Should I Make A Story For Milan And Nolan? Let Me Know.

10k Reads
523 Votes
98 Comments

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K READS

11/24/18