1. Captivated

Him...

"Why weren't you answering your phone, Dean?" My father's voice shouted from my speaker phone in the car.

"I was.. busy." I cleared my throat and started the engine.

"Ooh! You were with a new one, weren't you?" He sighed, yet I could hear a hint of excitement.

"How did you know? I just said I was busy?" I asked him in amusement.

He always knows when I'm with a woman. I guess he has someone following me.

"You cleared your throat, son. You cleared your throat." He stated with a serious tone and I laughed.

"Who was she? No, wait, how was she? Answer that one first." He asked like a sixteen year old and I could already see him wiggling his eyebrows.

"I told you before, dad, I'm not going to talk about my sex life with you. You might as well stop asking." I rolled my eyes as I kept driving, going God knows where.

"Fine!" He shouted and then I heard a typing sound.

"Dad? You're calling Jake, aren't you?" I shook my head.

"Yes! If you're not going to tell me then he is." He replied childishly.

The love I have for the man. Yes, he could be insanely childish and quite irresponsible at times, but I honestly couldn't have a better father.

"He knows nothing, dad. I just got out of her house. I'm not even home yet." I stated.

"Well, at least tell me, is she the one?" He asked with so much hope that made me feel kind of guilty.

He has been going out of his ways lately trying to find 'the one' for me. No matter how hard I tell him that I'm not really the settling down type, he still believes that once I meet this mysterious perfect woman, she will magically change me into a better man. As if I would ever willingly quit this wonderful life of freedom that I now have and choose only one woman to 'love' for the rest of my life.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in love. Growing up with such loving and caring parents, who after all those years were still insanely fond of each other, will make you believe in wonders. But there are wonders and then there's me settling down.

"Seriously, dad?" I simply replied.

Sometimes I feel really guilty for how hopeful he is, but I know myself quite well. And I can guarantee that I won't just give my life up that easily for a woman and get married and have children. I mean, come on. I am only twenty six after all.

"I don't know how you do it. I mean, do you sneak out or do they just let you go?" He asked instead.

"They never let him go." I heard Jake's voice.

"You picked up! At two in the morning? Oh, dear god!" I gasped sarcastically.

"Sleeping beauty has finally awakened." My dad stated.

"Are you finished? Or do I need to hang up on both of you?" Jake asked, not amused. I frowned when I noticed I took a wrong turn somewhere.

Fucking great. I am in the middle of nowhere, I am tired as hell and I'm in a desperate need of a shower. Could this night get any longer?

"We're just teasing you, son." Dad said.

"I'm not your son. He is." Jake replied as I was looking around the silent neighborhood.

"Ouch! I'm going to tell your father you said that!"

"Sure you are, Max."

"Guys, I guess I took a wrong turn. I'm gonna hang up now." I interrupted.