Drunk

you should probs read the last chapter or re-read the story bc I haven't updated in forever _

D A M I A N

"Why are there so many people here?" I followed Gabriel through his crowded living room and into the kitchen.

Marble counters squared over the right of the kitchen, along with the fridge and dishwasher, while in the center of the room was a glass table with chairs on both sides. The table sat beside the kitchen's entry way which hooked onto the living room.

To the left side of the room, in the middle of two palm plants, stood glass doors that led to the backyard.

"It's a party." Gabriel rolled his eyes playfully. "But I did post about it on my Snapchat."

Well, that explained it. Gabriel was quite popular online which wasn't a surprise, given he freaking modeled for his mom's company.

"So, Skylar's acting kind of odd today." Gabriel raised an eyebrow. "Something happen?"

"Ask him that," I snapped.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have." It was like I couldn't stop. "Mind your own business."

I turned around and walked away. I managed to squeeze through the crowd of people and stepped into the living room.

The living room was decorated in white furniture that looked like it fell out of a magazine. The couch and love seat sat in the middle of the room with a glass coffee table and a flat screen TV in front of them.

The front door was a few feet in front of me and a staircase beside of it. It was too hard to look around the rest of the room since so many people were standing up.

Lucky enough, the love seat wasn't occupied— just everywhere else was. I sat down and shoved a piece of cake in my mouth.

For a few minutes, I was irritated before the shame and embarrassment hit me. I can't believe I just took my anger out on Gabriel like that.

I have to apologize later, I decided. And talk to Skylar.

Like Gabriel said, Skylar was being kind of odd today. I didn't know how to describe it that well— awkward? Distant? It was like he was avoiding me.

Maybe he's mad at me for bringing him into my stupid ex drama after all...?

I wasn't sure.

And I still need to tell Skylar about my dad! My hands clenched around the fork. God, this is so stressful—

"Where's Skylar?"

I snapped my head up to see Tyler sporting his new Voltron shirt. I let go of the fork.

"How should I know?"

"Because you like him," Tyler teased.

"The same way you liked girls?" I smiled.

Tyler rolled his eyes and walked towards the stairs. I left my plate and followed him.

"So now you want to help me?" He asked.