Ch 2. Meeting

Cela swings through the air, smiling at the sound of the crowd cheering while the, she does a backflip as WD grabs her ankles and swings her closer to the next rope where he lets go and she flips before grabbing it, she pulls herself up and hangs ...

Cela swings through the air, smiling at the sound of the crowd cheering while the, she does a backflip as WD grabs her ankles and swings her closer to the next rope where he lets go and she flips before grabbing it, she pulls herself up and hangs by her knees as she swings to the side, above the crowd.

She feels everything stop as she meets the amazing blue eyes of a very handsome man, obviously of high stature judging by his clothes, standing with Mr. Barnum. He takes off his hat as his eyes meet hers, both of them feeling breathless at the sight of each other, everything goes in slow motion, as they stare the each other the only thing they can hear is the sounds of their own hearts beating in their chests rapidly before Cela swings back, both of them regaining their senses and hearing the crowds defining roar.

"Who's that?" Philip Carlyle asks, quietly.

...

"What was that?" Anne asks nudging her older sister with her shoulder slightly, as they walk out of the ring the show having finished a few moments ago.

"What was what?" Cela asks confused.

"I saw you staring at that man, the one that was with Mr. Barnum," Anne says smugly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Cela says, but the bright pink blush on her cheeks says otherwise.

"Aww look, she's blushing!" Anne squeals, nudging WD with her elbow.

"There's no point denying it, Cela, I saw it too," WD says with a sly smirk. Thankfully for Cela, the teasing is interrupted but when she see's who is there she isn't so thankful.

"Hey, hey no ones buying hats out here get out front!" Mr. Barnum shouts at someone as he and Mr. Carlyle walk backstage and down the stairs.

"WD, Anne, Cela I wanted to introduce my newest hire, Mr. Philip Carlyle," Barnum says, as Cela's eyes once again meet those electrifying blue ones, causing a blush to spread on both their faces.

WD shakes Mr. Carlyle's hand "Its a pleasure to meet you," WD says.

"Yeah, pleasure" Mr. Carlyle replies breathlessly.

"And what is your act, Mr. Carlyle?" Anne asks shaking his hand.

"Uh, I don't have an act" Mr. Carlyle replies, glancing at Cela.

"Hm, everyone's got an act," Anne says walking off with WD but not before she sends her sister a subtle wink, leaving Cela standing with Philip and Barnum.